Lst

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by StraightFire, Nov 12, 2004.

1. can sombody plz show me a easy way to LST casue i been reading about it and veiwing pics of it but I just dont get how to do it i kno u are suposed to bend the stem to about a 90 degree about the rest of the part i just get lost and confused about wat to do

2. most is down to common sense my friend, some branches will bend more than others.........try www.overgrow.com there will be a few good articles on it...........Peace out..........Sid

3. Just take a peice of string and tie it on the upper part and the other end on the lower part and have a big enough peice for whatever angle you wanna grow at.

4. man i fim my plants like 3 days ago but i dont see no new shoots growing out
    In overgrow they say when u fim that like 6 to 8 shoots pop out but rite now my plant just looks like it got it leaves cut off

5. Fiming the plant will cause shock to the plant, usually takes a week or so to recover...But in this time you'll notice the lower nodes develop and begin to start growing more (though if ur not using HID) it doesn't work as well. Thats why I just used LST. Basically you use ur common sense in deciding which direction will expose the most nodes, and which way ur plant is willing to bend (I just use my fingers a first and gently bend the plant down to figure out where to tie it) I find if your not using HID don't tie it back on it's self, just tie it at a 90 degree or so. So the plant is growing parallel to the soil/ground. The whole point of this is to get light to places it normally wouldn't make it. Take a look at my grow journal, you'll see what i mean, you'll see how i tied the plant to give you an idea what i mean. Plus with LST you don't lose your main kola, u just end up with 3-well how high can u count? medium side kolas...
    Vokal

6. like vokal said it can take a while to show new growth, and that's if you cut it right, sometimes it takes a few attempts to nail it properly........i use a brand new razorblade, and i submerge it in boiling water as well as some new blades come with a slight coating of oil........not too good for the plants........i bend the blade slightly, pich the new growth together, eyeball it down to where they are all stemming from, and then slit..........Peace out........Sid

7. yea thanks to vodka i lst my plant but i want to know, how long does it takes to show the effects of LST? also my main growing tip is trying to turn towards the light even thought its tie down is this normal?

8. Yeah that what it's supsoed to do...thats how u can keep ur main kola, in a week or so you'll notice the lower growth picking up, you can tie it down as many times as needed...
    Vokal

9. oh yea also i fuck up on the fim bullshit anit never doing it again everytime i try sumtin new i fuck up i just hope i dont fuck up on the LST

if this LST thing works out then i am going to do this to all my plant

10. Take a look at my grow journal, you see the effects of LST, and well theres no way to screw it up really...just be gentil and u'll be rewarded, if you manage to snap a stem you can split it back up or cut it clean and use it for cloning.
    Vokal

11. heres a great story!! ok im a new grower and i have several plants, a couple are 3 weeks old and a few are a couple weeks old. i have about 8 CFL's in my growing box and some were duct taped to the roof so i could keep them in the best positions over the plants. well one of the lights got mad at a plant and jumped on top of it and burned the main stem bad enough that i had to remove it just as if i were fiming it and i made sure the plant got a dose of super thrive but fiming wasnt on my mind and all i could think was that my plant was ruined. so the main stem was gone and i was so pissed but only a day or two later the nodes on each side of the main stem that were growing in at the time have really started to take off. that was a few days ago and the new growth looks a little better than my other plants'. so yeah i hope my story inspires all to have hope and never give up and have a great holiday season =)

socki