LST - wanting opinions

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Iquitdrinking, Jun 22, 2018.

1. looks fine, keep doing it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thanks dude! I’m looking to veg 3-4 weeks, I’ll be updating this soon when I’m ready to defoliate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Maybe look into using a rubberband or hairband to ponytail the top and to allow more light in

Not my photo just an example [​IMG]

Yeah when little plants are that bushy I tend to take off most of the larger fan leaves that cover budsights... I know some don’t like defol at all but it’ll bounce back and be even bushier a week later regardless especially in veg... Im rough on my plants though... veg and flower lol I’ll typically top if I’m lookin to slow growth down because I need them to stay in veg for awhile otherwise I prefer some LST and super cropping (HST)

This grow I only topped one plant.. and it was by mistake all the other plants stretched up 2 feet but her and she ended up not getting the light needed so I filled a very large portion of her and kept a handful of branches that away if she recovers she won’t need nearly as much light regardless.. it’s a shame lol all four of my bagseeds turned out female and I end up botching one... atleast all four ended up female haha that’s a good problem to have as my first grow it was the exact opposite all four were male.

But that headband method looks like a good way to allow light inside the canopy without sacrificing all the fan leaves.

• Like Like x 2
  4. #5 Iquitdrinking, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    This seems quite interesting. My plant is quite short at the moment. I already fimmed at my 5th or 6th node. Should I let her grow out some more before I attempt this? Or will this head band slow down the growth at the tips? I want to have a 3-4ft plant at max since my tent is only 5 ft high. I’ll only have 1 plant in flower for my tent (2x3x5 feet) I will continue lst and fimming and incorporate the scrog method.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've never seen that method. Interesting!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. #7 generic98547, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Using the headband won’t stunt growth at all it’s just a low stress training method doesn’t bother them as you aren’t actually breaking anything or tearing anything.

7. Thank you dude, I’ll make sure to adapt where I see necessary. I appreciate all the advice I can get

• Like Like x 1
  8. My piece of art growing

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Have completed some major defoliating !!!

[​IMG]

10. [​IMG]

She’s really coming out

11. Currently on vacation but here’s my girl at 6 weeks since sprout. Will take updated pic soon as I get back!!! Hope she’s still alive

[​IMG]

12. Will this let her unhealthy?