LST - Scrog Question?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nucleo, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Can it be grown horizontally if the screen hasn't filled?

I mean if it went 12/12 from seed and the screen still hasn't filled yet but it's already a month in flower and everytime there is a new shoot it is put back under the screen as it's trying to fill, will there be a reduction in yield?

I mean when growing vertically, as the plant moves up, the light at the bottom becomes less intense therefore less lumens, but when putting a screen maybe 2" above the base the base of the plant over a 1/2 sqm and the aircooled hps 4" above the canopy, it is just as good or worse?

I'm asking because i've realised the other half of the plant that is facing towards the floor isn't getting the same amount of light as the other side and this is obviously something that can be very well seen on the main cola.

2. I read that you shouldnt flower until your screen is about 60-80% full at least, that is where a reduction in yield can occur some times. Also, 12/12 from seed I believe doesn't produce the biggest yield and/or best quality. Don't take my word for any of this, I'm just guessing to try and help.