LST & Root Bound Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ConceptX9, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Hey, I've gathered a rather decent amount of information on growing but I got a few further down the road questions.

Currently Growing:
    2 X WW
    2 X AK-47
    1 X CALI ORANGE
    2 X POWER PLANT
    1 X SOUTH DURBAN
    1 X NEBULA

Under 400W MH w/ Cool Deluxe bulb switching to Sunmaster Warm Deluxe for flowering. I'm planning to use my version of SOG method. All my plants are in 1 1/2 gal pots (Mylar surrounded), all currently planning to go flowering in late August. I plan to weed out the males in this 9 combination but I'm trying to understand these issues:

1. Vokal's LST method is done during veg period right?

2. Can my plants go from veg to flowering in those 1 1/2 gal pots using vokal's method without being root bound?

2. Yeah, the tie-ing down happens during veg but you can still control the branches during flowering. You can take a look at my journal, I LST'd mine and you can see the progression really well. As far as the SOG goes and the pots, I would say as long as the plants don't get much over 2ft the 1.5 gallong pots SHOULD work. 3 gallon buckets would def. be ideal but then you have to worry about space and adequate lighting for the space the bigger pots require.