lst questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by stuckinschool, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Well i love the beauty of a plant in its natural form but if lst could help out my crop than im all for it. Soo, If i did lst to all my plants would this reduce the risk of them being spotted by a police helicopter from the air? Also, can i lst if they are in buckets? Also, willl lst effect the quality of the buds?
    Thank you:)

2. Mate use the search button or google. In the time you took to write that you would have the answer googled.

3. I definately need more info but I'll tell you what I can about LST'ing.
    First im pretty sure lst'ing insnt going to make your plants less visable.
    Ive only tried lst'ing on an indoor grow and it was in a bucket, but I'm sure it works the same outside. I would imagine you could do something similar to tomato plants. Using some type of support, (wooden post, fence) train the plant in a spiral around your support of choice by tying the plant down so that it has to grow the way you want it to. You want to make sure that you bend the top of the plant down towards the ground or at least at a right angle. That will make sure that you are getting the biggest reaction from the plant. Many budsites will pop up along the stem where the sun hits it.
    Here is a link to dierwolfs lst thread.http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/122936-how-lst-low-stress-training.html

4. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ use that link by dierwolf,,,,,,, the man is by far a badass grower,,,,, and has lst down to a art...

i got some lst plants in my gallery,,,,<----------------------- feel free to look,:smoking:

5. Yeah, check out the dierwolf sticky, it should answer all of your questions.

and about police spotting, LST reduces the size of a plant, so it wont help in a helicopter unless your plants are covered, besides, no matter how small your plant is, sensors can pick up MJ specifically outside.

6. I checked that out and i dont think that sounds too great for outdoor growers. Maybe ill try it out on one plant but when you grow a certain number of plants your not too conserned about the yeild per plant so much as you are indoors. Besides in the great outdoors you cant just tell the plant to go into flower like you can indoors so it would be tricky. And the main reason i was interested is cause i wanted to hide them from police but you guys told me it wont help. Scratch the lst plan.

anyway
    whats the odds of a police helicopter flying over my site? its a island in the middle of a small creek in a small forest(5 square miles)
    have any of you guys had your plants seized? Are you nervious they will get seized next season? Am i the only grower extremily paranoid about cops takin my shit? I meen to me, it sounds like these cops are heavily decked out in technology that gives the grower like no chance, those infared cameras can prolly find any plant the helicopter flys over. How vigorus do they search and in what kind of places?
    Sorry guys, i just gotta express my worries to someone:rolleyes:

7. I'm not very informed about high-tech gadgetry that can spot MJ but the LST process will definitely disguise the Christmas tree shape of your typical plant. It keeps it shorter and bushier than a natural grow.

I have heard that the IR sensors aren't able to pick out a small patch (<5) out of the surrounding foliage, but I wouldn't bet the house on that. You raise a good question; gonna see what I can learn about the detection ability of our LEOs.

Verry Interesting...
    http://eosl.gtri.gatech.edu/centers/guard.jsp