LST question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by reikai, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Hello, I have a 21 day white Widow auto and I am trying to decide when to LST her..I was thinking at maybe 4 nodes..but then I had 2nd thoughts as shes still kinda small...so any input on my plant would be appreciated thanks.

Attached Files:

2. It depends on what kind of LST you want to do and your goals for training

3. I would be doing the tie down method, my goal is to create a few colas as opposed to 1.

4. its hard with an auto since they grow and flower very quickly. but you could start by supporting her base with a string then going in between the top nodes and pull her in the opposite direction and as she grows and bends back up follow around the pot like a sprial it will cause the light to get to her sides and cause all the branches to grow up and become multiple main colas my description prob isnt the best but this site should help. tie down autoflower LST

• Like Like x 1
  5. Basically as above

6. Just do like I did.
    Tie every branches with one tiny string. Use bamboo stick for (the one we use for bbq's) and set them in the earth. Then tie the string to the branches. Do it quickly as the branches will become wooly ( alot of fiber in them) and they'll break instead of bend.
    I usually start LST once the plant reaches about one foot. Dont be scared to bend the main cola at a 70 degree. Then as the plant grows keep lowering the main cola to keep it at the same level as the others. This way, the plant will share its auxins to other colas. Because it thinks its lost its main cola. Look at my pictures, it'll give you a good idea.
    This is my 2nd grow and i've did LST on my first attempt. Got 2oz for one plant! :eek:

Attached Files:

7. ALSO!!! When you tie the branches. Make sure to do a loose knot ( there must be some space inbetween the string and the branch.) ( just like a hangman's nose thats not adjusted ( i hope you get the reference)

Ps: english isnt my first language so forgive my errors..

8. Thanks for all the help fellas, I tied her down today day 24 above soil hopefully that tape holds her in place, let me know what ya think

Attached Files:

9. #9 MonkeyPickAss, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    I grew some white widow auto not too long ago and here are some pictures of my lst. First 2 are day 17. The 3rd picture is day 19 which was the first day i tied it down. 4th is the 22nd day. Last 2 is the end of tying that plant down on day 24. Plant finished in 57 Days from the time if popped to the time i cut it down. 92g. 20160913_235213.jpg 20160913_235222.jpg 20160917_185058.jpg 20160920_195020.jpg 20160922_185831.jpg 20160922_222326.jpg

10. Nice plant man! And you harvested over 3 oz thats great! I am hoping for something like that..for sure!

11. 20161202_180056.jpg
    Yeah dude i had an awesome grow, i did 5 plants and got 544g. 2 WW and 3 NL all autos. Cant wait to grow some more of that Nirvana Northern light again.

12. Thats epic, who was the breeder of your WW? Mine is from Greenhouse. Ive actually got 2 Nirvana NL auto seeds and a critical mass but I figured since its my 1st grow I would just do the one plant.

13. They were Nirvana as well. I LOVE the NL i found it to be way more enjoyable than the WW.

15. I woke up this morning and noticed she had already turned her top upright with new growth. I made some adjustments, removed one of the stakes and cut a small hole in the pot and re tightened her. Also added another string to pull the new top down, am I doing this correctly?

Attached Files:

16. Yes this seeems to be going good. However I would have waited like a week more, just to let it grow more. Here are mine at day 32 from seed

Attached Files:

17. image.jpeg image.jpg Pull the top node down every time it grows upwards, here's a blueberry twist I chopped a week ago, left the lowest buds too fatten out a bit, my finger is on the main stem, that was only 12/13 " at harvest

• Like Like x 1
  18. Here's my latest developpements!

Seems like I finally got rid of the nitrogen deficiency!!!

Look at all those small budlets!!! Cant waiiiit! Just 1.5 month to go!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

19. Nice plants guys! How much did ya get off that Blueberry twist? Thismorning my first set of leaves are looking sad...is this normal? I gave her the ever so slightest dose of Grow big with her watering this morning...hopefully she dosent burn...

Attached Files:

20. You could pull that main cola down more a little bit. Let him grow next 5 days and the bend again the new growth downwards.
    The main cola needs to be at the same height as the others.
    By doing so, the plant thinks it has lost its main head and sends the message to the other buds to grow bigger