LST, LED, SOG, Drip Feed 4' Veg & 6' Flower Tents 2nd Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by passthebilly, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Agreed ! I've had kangaroos , wallabys , spiders , bugs , ants and even lizard eggs in the roots of one of my males .

2. Now that the heat has subsided, I raised the photoperiod back from 10/14 to 12/12

3. Twin 400s might be better, but the extra running cost may not justify the extra yield compared to a single 600.

4. What? Is this claim referring to HPS?

5. I took 7 clones and vaped a few bowls of the cuttings.. buds are finally starting to grow.

6. #86 passthebilly, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
    I heard a pump run dry and went to the grow room to discover most of the solution had been drank, damn, 120L in 5 days, that's more than my first grow! At this rate I don't even have adjust the ph once before they run out, which is good because I don't have a ph meter right now -_-

7. Interestingly, I don't even need the anion generator yet, the smell isn't anywhere near as strong as my last grow and the ventilation alone is taking care of it fine. Seems like stressed/sick plants stink more.

Btw I am officially drunk, and alone.. everyone's dry -_-

8. #88 passthebilly, Jan 29, 2013
    Vertical growth is finally over it seems.
    [​IMG]

This is my irrigation setup at full capacity.
    [​IMG]

Pistils are finally reaching out :smoking:
    [​IMG]

My harvest will be very late. But if I can tame this over-vegged jungle, I'm hoping to get a huge yield.

9. Good to see the stretch is slowing and shes gettin hairy now man!

Those plants are monsters, im scared to grow anything that big but hopefully my confidence with this one will help for my ones to come :).

Even if you look back at my pics, its been about a month since i flipped the switch to 12/12 and shes grown like 3-4x bigger in a month. Its just ridiculous how much and fast they do it!

10. #90 passthebilly, Jan 29, 2013
    Yeah ikr. My first plants were much taller, but it I didn't train them at all.
    [​IMG]

That was 5 plants in 20" pots, this is grow 13 plants in 10" pots, the difference is amazing :smoking: (Yeah those are the current plants in the little pots)

11. #91 passthebilly, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
    Watering increased again, pump timer up from 5x10 minutes to 5x15 minutes a day.

Edit: They're still thirsty, now watering 7x15 minutes a day.

12. Yep they are mostly bushing and and growing larger bud leaves now :) The pistils continue to reach out.

Vertical growth has slowed a lot now, when things get too tall I snap the branch at a 90 degree angle and they heal themselves, not sure what this method's called, but it regrows in a parabolic shape after a few days and I repeat. It's a bushy mess but I think I've got in under control.

I want to keep it at 12/12 now, I don't want to compromise the potency and yield, I just really needed that 10/14 kick start before as all they were doing was vegging.

13. noticed some nutrient burns and over watering at times was wondering if that is correct in the same predicament

14. its a great grow and i wanna potentially try this one day. id trim her up a little bit if she was mine tho yk?
    D

15. #95 passthebilly, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
    Yeah I gave them way too much water in my first grow, they had root rot, and the ph swung up too high.. burnt the crap out of them :(

Difference in this grow is I'm using clay balls instead of perlite which was pretty crap, the plants dry within hours instead of days, adding dutch master zone, and watering more carefully with my moisture meter. I even had air pumps in there for a while till they were unnecessary. The difference of better aeration is amazing, pearly white roots are sprawling out of the pots onto the flood tray.

16. #96 passthebilly, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They're stretching again in 12/12, I'll leave it in 12/12 because I don't want to compromise yield/potency now, the lower branches are aggressively sprawling out in the remaining unused canopy space because I had topped some branches afew days earlier.

17. Looking good billy!

18. #98 passthebilly, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2013
    They're like getting very close to the lights now, but the weather has been perfect lately, lots of clouds, rain, outside temps are keeping 15C-30C, tent never goes over 35 now, so the top leaves are showing no heat stress, even though they did before in the higher temps at further distances :D

I'm thinking about lowering the waterings abit, they aren't drinking as much in the lower temperatures and the leaves are now clawing slightly. I'll observe it for a while.

19. Woo nice to see some hairs!!

They have gotten huuuge now hope the weather sticks to keep em where they are!

20. #100 passthebilly, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
    Flowering day 37. They're touching the lamps now, photoperiod lowered down to 11/13, they just veg too much in 12/12, they do have some sativa genetics in them. I'm gona maintain the 2.4 EC.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]