LST, LED, SOG, Drip Feed 4' Veg & 6' Flower Tents 2nd Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by passthebilly, Dec 30, 2012.

1. what is wrong with your lights? make me understand.

2. Imo they may outgrow the current lighting, given they only just cover the entire canopy at the current wattage.

3. and what is the actual power consumption?

4. #44 passthebilly, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
    The 500W is the actual power consumption (see specs on first post).

5. #45 passthebilly, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
    Now flowering in 4ft tent, fully setup with automatic watering, if you look closely you can see the drippers, all I got left to do is plug afew small leaks. I'm going to lower that table soon. Hopefully the roots will grow out into the clay balls quickly. If you go back to the first post there is a photo of the irrigation setup underneath. Like 3/13 of them are a little under-watered/heat-stressed from the heatwaves in the past few days, and nute burnt, I dropped EC down to 2.3, but I don't want them holding back the rest of my girls much. I've changed res and added another 20L reservoir in there, so 40L total capacity now, will last a few days hopefully.

Attached Files:

6. #46 passthebilly, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
    High temps are fucking my plants up, lowered the tables. Down to 1.8 EC, afew of the plants are heat damaged and aren't liking the high concentrations. Wish I had a god damn air conditioner. It's been 2 weeks of 12/12 and I've barely even seen many pre-flowers :l They just continue to get bigger..

Yeh it's kinda hard to point my phone when they're cramped in there, sorry lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. The weather's finally starting to cool down a bit this week, they've been bombarded by daily 40C+ heatwaves and have survived, hopefully they will actually put out some pistils now.

8. #48 passthebilly, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
    I have removed 20 or so damaged fans from the tent and some damaged tips, and it's still a damn canopy in there.

I am also removing some of the light hogging fans in the pic 2 tray, gona see if that improves yields.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. #49 passthebilly, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
    I ended up getting 17/20 seedlings sprout, I culled 5 of the weaker ones. The seedlings are a little heat stressed, I am now giving them 1/4 strength nutes, silica and zone. Temps still hitting 40+C some days, 55% r.h.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After I took these photos I gave them abit of a mist.

10. 40c! Wowzers you need some more ventilation or at least airflow within the room pronto! Temperatures that high can actually inhibit growth

11. I just have a really high outside temp lol

12. #52 passthebilly, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
    They completely drank 2x30L reserviors till the pumps were about to run dry, with no fluctuation in the 1.9EC in 4 days, huge roots trying to grow out of the pots and sprawling over the flood tray 1 week after transplanting.

I hope I can get at least 500 dry.

13. #53 passthebilly, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2013
    The leaves are finally recognizable, 6 of them are sugar haze (sativa), 7 white rhino.

Oh shit, 45C heatwave today :( Never mind about them clothes.. Last night I tactically doubled the reservoirs, 4x30L now, they're staying under 30C, cooling the roots. The white tables insulate the reservoirs from the lights and ventilation, and I'm hoping the extra water will increase this insulating effect. Pumps go on 10 minutes every 6 hours, this is my last line of defense from the heat.

14. eek! As I was unzipping my tent, a spider jumped on my hand, shook it off and now I can't find it -_-

15. #56 passthebilly, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2013
    My tent has been reorganized a bit. They survived 46C the heatwave with not one spot of damage, my plan worked! :D

Any I'm finally starting to see 1cm long pistils.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have been dry for 3 days but today I smoked a fan leaf the size of my hand, got me a little buzzed :)

16. #57 passthebilly, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013
    First white light shot of the seedlings, feeding at 0.5EC :D I have just ramped up to 1.0EC now, let's see how they do.

[​IMG]

17. #58 passthebilly, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013
    ah shit.. I saw a fruity fly in there.. mabye that mysterious spider will get 'em.. Australia has so many annoying creepy crawlies -_-

18. Subbed. Yeah I bet they do!! I'm fortunate for living in my climate!

19. Lol nicely done :)