Lst...is this right??

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by SuzySmokesalot, Sep 28, 2019.

1. 037C1A4F-E2A3-403D-9C1C-96A96F55F4C2.jpeg Is this right? It looks like she’s already turning up towards the light

• Like Like x 1
  2. Might be a little early for LST...

You have the right idea, however I would be bending the top over more, with the wire between the 2nd and 3rd nodes rather than bending the whole plant over at the first.

The idea is to let those first nodes grow up and keep the whole plant horizontal, whereas right now it will all just start growing up again, with a kink in that main stem.

I hope that makes sense...

3. More like this... But my concern would be how thin and soft that stem is right now...

lst_10_1.jpeg

4. Well I moved it up between the 2nd and 3rd nodes but since it’s already bent I’m gonna leave it tied down. Do you think my plants stem looks normal for an 18 day old?

• Like Like x 1
  5. I’m surprised it didn’t snap! That stem looks a bit small for 18 days.... try feeding her some silica.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Definitely looks a little thin, but I blow fans on my seedlings like crazy to buff them up, and I only grow Autos so I am not the best judge.

A small oscillating fan like a USB from Amazon works well. This serves to strengthen the stem as the plant thinks it is in a windy location and needs to grow a bit stronger.

7. I’ve had a fan blowing around the room just not directly on them so that may be why it’s small. I read that it’s good to start training after the 3rd leaf set so that the stem is more pliable and is less likely to snap. Is this fixable? If I put the fan on them now will that help or will they be stunted?

8. I am not sure you can ever have too many fans... LOL

Fans are an important and often overlooked part of a grow. I have 3 in my 20" x 36" tent. LOL

As far as what to do now, I honestly am not sure whats best...

If you have moved the pipe cleaner already, and it seems OK I would probably leave it, but try and add a small oscillating fan ASAP. You don't want to blow strong wind on it all day but a low powered oscillating fan that causes the leaves to shake(not bend over) a bit when blowing by is what you are looking for.

Just take it slow, and use common sense. Be very careful with that stem, and give it time to grow a bit before doing anything further. There is no rush with a photoperiod plant if that is what you are growing.

9. Thanks for the advice. I put a fan on them. There’s actually 2 fans in the room I just didn’t have either blowing on the plants. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see how they do. It’s a photoperiod, Durban poison. The color, ph, and ppms have all been good so far. I’ve been keeping a written journal with pics and have seen noticeable growth daily but they did look a little on the skinny side to me

10. Should be fine, just give it some time and go slow.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1