Lst good to go?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MrCheesyBuds, Jan 15, 2013.

1. So I'm on week 3 from sprout or around 2 of veg and I was wondering how its looking so far guys ? Should I start lst now or wait a lil bit longer? It's and auto berry ryder ... First grow so don't have much experience but so far she has been very well behaved ha ha

Thx guys

image-2772573710.jpg

Berry ryder

2. It's certainly not impossible to LST it now, but you'd be better off waiting for a few more nodes; that's when it will benefit the most.

3. Hey bud. My plants very similar and I started the LST process and decided to undue it.

You want more nodes. I youtubed a few vids that really help.

I have a thread with more explanation on LST with pics. Might want to look at that since we are at a similar stage

4. Ok thx guys ... Yea I thought it was a lil too early it's working on its 3rd node right now .. What u guys think of it's size ? Is it where it's supposed to be ?

What u guys think of just opening up the branches a lil for more light penetration?

Thx guys

5. It's small for it age, no doubt. But being a first grow and all, I say things could be worse.

6. Honestly, I wouldn't touch it. There chances you do harm are greater than you actually helping the plant. I suggest to let nature take its toll.

On my first grow I over fed. Under fed. Burnt and did all the things I shouldn't initially. I didn't touch the plant and worked on fixing my environments. With time i fixed everything and the plant kept trucking. It may be hermaphrodite but it won't die on you if you fix the issues fast enough. (Temp is something I wouldn't mess with)

I tried opening up some leaves but honestly I didn't see a diff from one day to the next in comparison to the nodes I didn't mess with.

7. Yea environment isn't ideal but pretty stable usually from 75-83 ...16% humidity yea I know it really low but I live in Texas and humidity is hard to come by ha ha

8. I'm in miami. I'm trying to get of humidity. Lol

I'm at 77-82 deg depending on time of day.

40-44 humidity. Not bas

9. Wish I had ur problem .. Even after a whole watering it only goes up to 20% lol but it'll b good for flowering I hope

10. Honestly. I'm not sure how to tell when flowering starts or what I'm supposed to do.
    Ill cross that bridge when I get there

11. Pistils will form on calyxs ( white hairs )

12. Here u go buddy .. If it looks like this (female side) then ur good to go with flowering

Attached Files:

13. you barely got an inch of stem there, what do you wish to achieve with bending that? :D

14. I buried the stem when I repoted ... It was actually like 8-9 inches tall already

15. no it wasnt, I can totally see the cotelydons on that pic, cant be more than 4 inches below that and doesnt look like its that long either.

16. I assure u it I planted the stem bout 3 inches farther down and buried it might not b 8 inches exactly but It deffinetley is taller then a few inches .. Why would I lie about tht ? Doesn't help me at all

17. The soil is built up around the stem like a volcano maybe that's why u think its so short .. Depth perception sux with iPhone

18. See ... Here is a pick of a stretched plant ... Cotyledons are way at the top .. Just cus u can see em don't mean the plant doesn't have any height to it

Attached Files:

19. When I had my first two fan leaves I was about 2-3 inches tall. It does look small