LST + fem seeds = Hermies?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by banjo_gun_snake, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Hey everyone. Ive been lurking here for a while, but this is my first post.

I am wondering if using low stress training on plants that were grown from feminized seeds is likely to cause them to become hermies. The type of low stress training I'm refering to is mainly tying down parts of the plant.
    Also, do feminized white widow plants easily become hermies?

Thanks in advance and peace out
    J

2. no expert, but from my knowledge bank feminized seeds do hermi EASIER (not all the time) than regular seeds. however i doubt lst will herm your plants, more like light leakage etc...

3. Certain strains/breeds of femmed seeds have had tendencies to hermie, but the breeders are among the first to know and usually pull the inventory (the good breeders, anyway).

In general, though, femmed seeds grow out just fine with LST, I do it and have never had a problem.

4. Thnaks for the info guys. Thats what I was hoping to hear.

5. Hey all,
    I have some feminized seeds on the way. It sounds like LST is safe from what I've read. How about Scrog and or topping or fimming? Thanx in advance for your thoughts.