LST during early flower outdoors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Skip I am, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Yesterday I had 3 branches around the outside of my lemon meringue that were pretty stacked with flower locations. I figured why not and tied them down at almost a 90 degree angle from where they once were. The entire stem with all those bud sites is opened up to the sunlight. These pics are 2 of those same branches this morning. Will this increase my yield like I think it will or is this a bad practice??? 20180908_090616.jpg 20180908_090539.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Definitely will, it's called training or Low stress training (LST) to be specific. It's designed to make more top sites and less side branch buds . Good luck!!

3. I realize it's called lst. I've done it all through this plants life. Just never even thought about doing it during flower till yesterday when I was looking at a branch filled with nuggets and was like damn that would be nice if all them could become tops and figured why not, lol and bent it over. I've never heard of people doing it during flower and all I've ever heard is people preaching about lst during veg which I did, but I'm past the veg stage. I have to say i seriously like the immediate results and am thinking about doing a couple more branches tomorrow on the same plant.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah .during flower it's done with a screen and is called scrogging which I'm sure you've read about that too. Any way you can get more... Do it!! Lol growing is all about experimenting while gaining experience and learning your technique. Mine are def out of the norm for sure but seeing decent results so far. Hope the smokes good bro.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yup, you did the right thing for sure! I scrog and lst my girls throughout most of the grow. I stop around now (week 3-4) because the stretch is over and the bud sites are well established. This pic is one plant. Gorilla Glue #4 (the dark green one). Cheers!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Just don’t do LST too far into flower. I did that once and had a lot of underdeveloped buds and the mature buds that I ended up with were very weak in potency.

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Like Like x 2
  7. Agreed. Stop when stretch is done.

• Like Like x 2
  8. thanks guys by my guess and what I've read about each phase of flower I believe I'm somewhere around week 3 or 4 of flower as trichomes are starting to form at the base of the leaves where they meet the bud at. So I will chill for this year but next year I'm going hard on them with lst until week 3ish

• Like Like x 1
  9. Can’t wait to see how it turns out with hard Lsting

• Like Like x 1
  10. wheres the photos Skip

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeaaaaah Buddy!
    What you feed during flower bro?

12. Just do nonstop research. Prepare for your grow ahead of time through planning. Failure to plan is planning to fail. My biggest take away my first season was know your grow season weather. I'm going completely organic next year in no-till so my grow season has technically already started as I build the soil with cover crop and earthworms while amending the soil with various organic amendment throughout the entire winter period. Best of luck to you and happy growing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Tiger bloom and beasty bloomz was my primary flower nutes.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thank you! Same goes for you. Hopefully we can talk more in the future and share ideas and techniques we both used.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  15. I will definitely be around. More so next year as the season kicks off. It will be my first year growing no-till so I expect I will have at least some issues on top of the normal year to year nuances even seasoned growers experience.