LST Before transplant into final container

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Rustynail93, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Just wanted some advice before i get the wire out...
    would it be ok to start some lst work on my canopy before transplanting into final container they are 2-3 weeks into veg in 10liter pots im going into 20liters. my plan was to lst them then undo the ties before transplant in hope that the stem will stay in position im going to be transplanting in 2 weeks. plants have been topped.
    i was thinking to purchase a scrog net as that seems a little easier to me any help and advice is appreciated

2. Transplant first ....imo

recover from the shock with salic if required

then after 24/28 hours lst

good luck

ps the plants demands come first

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Its do able but much, much harder to transplant and much easier to shock them. I lst'd and topped for 6 wks before final transplant......It took almost 2 wks for my older girls to bounce back (also had an environment/light change) and a week for my younger girls before they snapped out of it so it does come with a price. Its better to be safe and transplant first into the final container then start training ;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wicked thank you I've decided to top again also done side shoots which looked viable and as if they are gonna make it to the top during flowering I've ordered another batch of soil to transplant in say a week if growth seems to develop healthy they are looking really well from my eye it's my third time round got 7 plants in there only going to be keeping 4 which will go into 20 litre pots less is more in my eye these girls so long as they stay short and bushy will be kept in veg for asking as I want no time scale here for me I want a large yield of as few as possible will upload a pic see below they are about 5 weeks from seed thanks for reply btw

5. Not the best shot will upload a closer one tomorrow if need be they are not in my house hold

Attached Files:

6. My 1st tier Scrog consisted of a $4 bird net from Hom* Dep**..2nd stronger tier is home built PVC and Mason String cost under $20 usd. Wire Scrog is a PIA and will surely grow into your bud...IMO string is the way to go/

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for the reply I've decided to top again let them bush out transplant and maybe do a scrog if I feel confident enough as I'm planning on a very long veg and am comfortable topping as that's what techniques I've came adjusted to and do every time round

• Like Like x 1
  8. How long of a veg are you planning? What light do you have them under now?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hey sorry I have them under a 600watt hps at the moment will be switching to 2 600 watt hps 4 weeks into flower. And if I'm being honest once the new growth has shown from my most recent topping they will be getting transplanted into 20 litre pots and I'll give them a few weeks or until I see roots poking out the bottom of the pots then they will be flipped so that will be about 8 weeks of veg from seed

10. Sounds like a plan.... I asked because the hps will give them faster growth whereas flourescents will slow their growth down so its more slow and steady - beneficial for long vegging though depends how long is very long to you as it differs for everyone.

They look ready for transplant now and really healthy so just be careful how long you go before transplant as you really want to do it before they become root bound as you may not know until the plant suffers because roots tend to circle around plastic pots leading them to strangle themselves before poking out that is, if they even poke out. When you transplant are you going to stick with plastic pots or move over to fabric pots?

• Like Like x 2