Lst and topping

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Rowebro22, Jul 9, 2018.

1. hey just a quick question. I read into lst a lot and seemed to like the idea so I gave it a try. So now that I’m reading even more in depth I see people top the plant first then train, my question is can I lst the plant first then top?

2. You can train your plant however you want, i really dont think there is a wrong way, experiment and do different things in time, i always used to top and recently i started super cropping, it is a preferred method amongst many, i found that my plants did better topped once and than super cropped many times

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. The way you train your plant effects the plants growth rate, do some research, but from what others have experienced is if you super crop (pinch and bend stems) that they dont slow down the growth rate very much, lst is alot like super cropping but it takes more time because you have to do alot of tying down, you can also use scrog as a form of lst, i just find super cropping alot easier and less maintnance

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thank you! Ive only been growing for about 2 to 3 years now so im still learning alot myself, ive done every method but scrogging now, im loving the super crop method, give my plant a nice spread and a nice even flat canopy, they also seem to be healthy and happy, you asked when to super crop? This is my first year doing it so im not 100% on the correct way to do it, but so far i usually pinch and bend any cola that has stretched higher than the others, that way they have time to catch up with the tallest cola, by than the cola or top that i pinched and bent has recovered and healed and starts growing straight back up again, than all the colas are even and caught up with each other, you just keep repeating this process over and over until you have your desired heighth and growth, you will end up with a nice even flat canopy and a wide spread

• Like Like x 1
  7. The plant i posted above i only topped it one time, once i had 2 colas i pinched them and spread them apart, i just kept doing that until what you see now, everytime i pinch and spread the cola i had new growth start growing and trying to make its way to the top, so every cola that was taller i just pinched and bent until they could all catch up

8. This plant was topped once, it grew 2 new colas, when they got tall enough i pinched and bent them over, than repeated the super cropping through the whole plants life, i did not top anymore, just pinch and bend

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Great!! I hope it works out for you!! Id say if you started now you would have time, i only grow mine for 2 months and than throw into flower, i have about another week and than will put them into flower! I cant wait!! All my plants are from seed

12. You can see which one I topped and which one I’m lst. I’m planning to super crop the one I topped like I said and kinda follow what you did on your journal, top once then super crop. Seem to really bush out your plants!

13. You can see which one I topped and which one I’m lst. I’m planning to super crop the one I topped like I said and kinda follow what you did on your journal, top once then super crop. Seem to really bush out your plants!

14. You can see which one I topped and which one I’m lst. I’m planning to super crop the one I topped like I said and kinda follow what you did on your journal, top once then super crop. Seem to really bush out your plants!

15. I didn’t mean to send the same thing 3 times!

16. Your plants look gorgeous, very healthy!! Looks like your doing a good job!! Im still learning as well, are you doing mainly organic nutrients? I want to go all organic, did you mix the mycorrhizae in the bottom half of your soil or just all your soil?

• Like Like x 1