LST and container size ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by blotto, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Hello, this is my first post here so please be kind. Been smoking for 35 years and i am going to try growing for the first time. Going to LST in a small cabinet with a 150 watt HPS. I've been reading these forums for six months to get educated and i think i am ready. A friend who grows gave me a couple of hundred seeds of what he grows, it's a cross of hashberry and white rhino that he calls Berry White. Good stuff. My question is i plan on growing in one gallon ice cream buckets ( 8" diameter x 5" deep) is that big enough? Thanks for the help.

2. Yeah that'll work. I've seen some pretty good yielding plants grown in 2 litre bottles. I grew out quite a few plants in pots that were about a gallon (a bit less actually) and while they didn't yield as well as plants in larger pots, they still did fine.

3. Thank you.

4. Any more opinions out there?

5. I did a couple CFL grows using 1 gallon pots, and got a little over an ounce per plant. If it's what you have you can use it and not worry about it. If you have the space to go bigger tho, do it because that can only help.