LST and bending limbs to increase yeild and keep canopy level

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by HardDrive, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Here is a technique I got from a couple growers on here. @Soil2Coco @Gelato41 @trojangrower just to mention a few there were more too.

Any ways, a scrog is a pain in the ass for hydro growers, it's hard to lift off the lids and inspect the roots.
    Also some plants and their tops will grow faster making it impossible for the lights to be low enough to cover the canopy fully.
    Here is a way I do it.
    I start to top early, then roll the large stems in my finger to make em' pliable then kinda break em' over.
    This does a couple things, makes the canopy height the same level and those little buds on that stem will turn up to the light and make grade A colas.
    I'll attach a couple pics to show you, look close at the limbs after they have been broken over and see the new buds.

• Like Like x 1
  2. This is me trying to keep the canopy level, cut time 3 weeks.

20200622_220152.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. See how the breaks are and how they have mended up.
    Look to the right and see the buds have turned up

20200622_221202.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. isn't this just super cropping?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I thought supercropping was reverting back to veg from flowering and all those little buds turn into limbs.
    I could be wrong.
    I just see so many posts on how to do lst and bending thought I'd share how I do it.

6. supercropping = breaking necks
    monstercropping = reveg

looks good HD, hope everything is well

7. and yes, it is a pita to check roots in hydro during a scrog, but I can do it, although takes two people, one to lift and one to look. Better to have it so you don't need to check.
    If its a smaller unit, like a GH waterfarm, can do with one person.