LSD- The big thread and how do I know if it's the right choice

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by skatealex2, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Hey blades,

I've been reading lots of things on lsd and have seen two documentarys on it but I am still a little skeptical about it cause it seems to be a very intense drug and also the negative list from erowid is longer than the positive:

NEGATIVE
    • anxiety
    • tension, jaw tension
    • increased perspiration
    • nausea
    • dizziness, confusion
    • megalomania
    • over-awareness & over-sensitization to music and noise
    • paranoia, fear, and panic
    • unwanted and overwhelming feelings
    • unwanted life-changing spiritual experiences
    • flashbacks

I understand it isn't possible to fully explain it but I can use some understanding and analogies on how intense the experience is. I bought 6 doses a month or two and I'm still waiting for the right time to try it, but before I drop acid I wanna make sure I'm making the right choice and wont freak the fuck out, which I did when I first got blazed many many years ago, but I'm a much more open minded person now. Help me out blades. Is going in with an open mind and good setting guarantee for a good trip?

I have gotten some mixed opinions on another music forum where I made a topic on lsd. Any first trip stories would be appreciated. Also I know this threads probably been done before but I think it would be great to have a big one to help ppl like me decide whether acids right for them.

*Also would having a small kolonopin or beer beforehand be a good idea to get you in that positive mood?

*I think my biggest fear from acid would be getting a revalation on life that takes a negative toll and sticks with me other than having an intensly scary trip of course.

2. Sure the negatives may look overwhelming but take a look at these;

POSITIVE

* increase in energy (stimulation)
    * increase in associative & creative thinking
    * mood lift
    * increased awareness & appreciation of music
    * increased awareness of senses. (eating, drinking, smell)
    * closed and open eye visuals
    * profound life-changing spiritual experiences

You never really know if you're ready or not you just have to go into the experience with an open mind and a calm, safe setting; like you mentioned, that is the best way to go forward with a trip.

3. This negative seems like a positive.

Anyway, our brains are wired to process what we see, think, and hear in an orderly fashion. This enables us, as humans, to function properly. However, when taking LSD the floodgates of your mind will open and you will be bombarded with thoughts, sounds, colors, and new sensations.

For instance, you'll notice that you're surrounded by colors and textures. If you take enough LSD you'll see that every object, every person and so on has an aura; it appears that a rainbow is emanating from every surface. Thus, your brain is no longer able to process colors in the sense that you are used to normally, and you will finally be able to see the world as it really exists. You'll also notice patterns on every surface and texture you look at. Objects will grow and shrink right in front of you. If you're having an intense trip, objects may morph into other objects, you may start hallucinating and so on. This is truly fantastic.

The same goes for thoughts; your brain will be flooded with thoughts. This is why meditation is great while you are tripping; doing this has changed my life for the better. Some people even experience what is known as an "ego-death" which basically involves losing your sense of self and your connection to your environment (this is an amazing feeling). You, as I have many times, might lost control of your body and just collapse somewhere, becoming one with your surroundings. If you're listening to music, each beat of a drum, each strum of a guitar and so on can feel euphoric and can provoke new thoughts, feelings, and colors. No longer is your brain able to process these sounds/thoughts in an orderly fashion.

As I stated before, the floodgates of your mind will open; this can be a pretty intense experience for some people, but it is surely well worth it. My advice: For your first trip, You MUST trip in a familiar setting, with your CLOSET friends. Furthermore, try and trip on a sunny and warm day. I've had issues tripping while it was pouring rain or dark and overcast. Also, if you are going to listen to music, try to listen to "happy" music, or relaxing music. I find that music that is not "happy" tends to produce bad thoughts, which can lead to a bad trip.

Anyway, I would definitely advise trying acid. You just need to learn to go with what is happening and do not try and fight it. However, if you followed the above advice regarding set and setting, music and so on, you won't want to fight it, because you will be having the most wonderful time of your life and you won't want it to stop! Good luck.

The only bad part about taking LSD is the depression that follows when I realize I'm not tripping anymore! :-(

4. Van Gogh that was a great explanation.+rep. I feel like I experienced ego death the first time i got supremely blazed, I couldnt move for like an hour. this was a really long time ago tho and prob doesnt compare to acid. You're post really makes me wanna trip !! I'm looking forward to listening to animal collective whenever I decide to take the dive.
    I think Im gonna have a beer right before I trip too, not to get drunk but just to get that chill mindset.

5. Thanks for the rep; I appreciate it. How many hits are you going to take?

6. Cool man, actually about to watch weeds, ate firecrackers 2 hours ago, only starting to get high haha, I will read that trip afterwards.

VANGOGH: I plan on taking one hit my first time. I figure one hit would be the best way to start cause overdoing it would be a bad idea and its my first psycedelic experience so i want to make sure its a peaceful experience. in the future though if I like it, I will go for the big 2-4 hits experience one day. whenever im stoned I get really excited about trying lsd, I feel like this could end up being the most intresting and crazy experience of my life, just hope I don't freak out, but it sounds like if I dont worry about shit Ill be allright. You think blazing before is a good idea? I can see it going down eather way, being bad because cause weed can cause slight anxiety sometimes but good cause ill already be high and waiting for the trip can be a cool experience and maybe it takes some of the edge off. eather way im looking forward and waiting for a good day to try it, might actually be within the next two weeks. im not gonna rush it tho if I dont get a good setting:hippie:

7. One hit sounds good; you can always take more if you want to make your trip more intense. Weed and LSD is always fun; marijuana will definitely enhance the trip. You can either blaze before or during the trip; either way is fine. However, you might want to wait until the effects start kicking in to smoke, in case the trip is already intense.

8. I've tackeled this very question myself within the last 2 years.

The thing I realized is that the hysteria about how LSD effects you is largely stretched, however I must concede it's not all lies.

Is there a possibility of forever changing you life with LSD? Yes.
    Is the above likely to happen with the amount of LSD someone in your position is likely to take (i.e 1/2 a hit to 2 hits)? No.
    Can it happen? Yes.

Here's the secret with any hallucenogen that you rarely hear from anyone...

The danger of the effects of psychedelics lies not in the drug, but in the soundness of your mind. If you have the right mindset, and are in the correct setting, you will likely be fine.

Are you comfortable with yourself and anything you may discover about yourself? Do you have a proper place to trip, with people whom you trust and can take care of you with you the whole time?

If these conditions are satisfied, you will know intuitively that you are ready.

It took a lot of thought to write this, so I hope it helps. When I read your topic, I knew exactly where you are at, and I wanted you to know that I have been there too.

9. No, the music can be really overwhelming, but it can also be engulfing.

10. It's better when you don't know. It's a leap of a mental gap that can only be made if you trust yourself in the first place.

11. Yea, did you read my post regarding what listening to music feels like when your tripping and how certain music can lead to bad trips? I happen to like being immersed in music. It's my opinion, not sure why you're disagreeing.

12. I like being engulfed in the music. I like music quite a bit better when I am tripping because there seems to be a deeper connection between you and the music. I was disagreeing with the person who said that was a positive. Because over sensitization is bad. It can make you freak out. Metal would be a perfect example of bad trip music.

13. Dont Think About It, Pop Thos Tabs, Dont Drink Or Take Kpins (drink After It Takes Effect At Least) And Enjoy!

I Think Xanax And Kpins Negate The Acid A Little Bit!

14. +rep I couldn't have explained it any better

15. It can also be negative. Some times music can get retardedly overwhelming.

16. I see your point.

17. Thanks man, appreciate it.

18. I think I'm gonna get some of this now. Does any1 know if it can be tested for. I made a thread but you guys seem to know what your talking about. Thanx