Lowryders

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Canabudz, May 13, 2007.

1. i ordered some lowryders during the winter and finally its nice enough to start planting outside. 5/5 germed, 1 is a terrifying mutant, but for now i have my 5 lows under 60watts of cfl, and they have their first set of 3 fingered leaves. me and a friend split on advanced nutrients Sensi Grow A+B (2part) and my question is can i/should i give them their first weak dose?

http://www.advancednutrients.com/nutcalc3public/
    i set it to Sensi 2 Part > Vegetative Growth > 1L.
    Do i mix a litre batch for each part then mix those together and feed?

My plan is to feed them with this schedule until about 1 week into flowering, then i'm going to purchase a nice bloom fert. maybe the Sensi Bloom 2pt.

Any opinions/help is much appreciated.

2. Wait at LEAST a week before giving nutes... and when you start it, do 1/4 strength, so you'll be easing the plants into it :).

3. Hi Canabudz,

Thanks for posting in my thread, I thought I'd drop by and offer some useful advice for your Low Grow..

A good start for LR's is essential, if you don’t have the correct lighting they will stretch and go thin and spindly. You don’t want that indoors but I think you are planting outside so you might get away with it.

I put my seeds directly into soil for germination, 2.5" pots and place them in a propagator. As soon as one has popped up I get them all under 400w 6400K envirolites. This stops them from stretching. The soil I use is Plagron – Royalty Mix. It’s the same as I used back in Ohio, It’s a very rich mix but the LR seem to be able to cope with it. I only feed with filtered WATER, no nutrients at all. Once they have the 1st set of real leaves I open the holes in the propagator and about 4 days later take the lid off.

Re-pot them when needed, about week 2 into 6” pots. All my pots are square, if you can’t find square pots then look harder. A square pot holds apx 30% more soil.
    About 3 weeks after they sprouted they start to show sex, at this point I put the 2700K red enviro’s in the shade. I give them their 1st feed at this point, only 1 quarter strength and only 10-30-15, plus a v-small amount of Epsom salts. The EC of the solution is 10 and I make sure the PH of all the feeds is between 6.4 to 6.8. This includes the water only, I also warm the water to 20C.

My temps in the GR are between 24C and 28C, RH is also an issue when their small so I spay the tray with water to keep it up. I don’t spray the plants directly.

As they get bigger I increase the frets slowly to a max of EC 20, I think that’s about 1800ppm and flush every 5 days with WATER ONLY (if I can) I also test the runoff from the pots just to get a feel for what’s going on, I test both PH and EC of the runoff. If the runoff ph is low then I flush again, If the EC is high I need to lower the feed and if it’s low I up the EC next feed.

I learned all this the hard way, not having the correct equipment in the beginning cost me at harvest time and caused problems and plant death so it’s a good idea to get what u need before you start.

GL with your grow and hey, let’s have some pictures.

Take Care

TT

4. hey thanks for the replies, i asked my friend about feeding he also said wait a week. i have them on 18/6 but some days they go for 24 hours of straight light. these girls are troopers let me tell you haha. in and out of a ghetto grow box, in my dresser for dark period.

i started them in 2.5" peat cups with an organic soil mixture i bought and mixed with a whole bag of perlite, the mix is probably close to 1:1. great drainage, they love drinking. few days later i stuck them in 5" dixie cups and they love having another 3 inches to send that taproot down. i plan to put them in 1 gallon pots and finish in those, depending on how big the rootball gets. and i will try to find square pots, no use wasting square footage :)

i dont have a fan in my grow space so i take them out when i can and put my fan on em under a few cfl's on my desk, get those stems nice and big. seems like they're gettin enough care, sure are growin quick. (i think). they popped soil on may 5th so its been 8 days.

the first strength on the chart on my Sensi Grow is for 600ppm so i'm going to cut that in half for the first feeding which i will give it next week. thank you guys.

another question. i have a 10-52-10 fertilizer that i'm thinking about giving it when i repot, because phosphorus is good for root growth right? or will i make them sick with phosphorus. also would these be an alright bloom fert? last year it sure helped out my AK-Haze, heres a picture. i think this was september 20th, outdoors. like 3 weeks into budding? mmm. too bad they got punked. a cool ak-haze purple pheno we had also. i'll try to get some pics of my LR's but my camera barely works.

OH YEAH. my whole plan this round is to hopefully get a male and a female and make myself a buttload of lowryder seeds, and get another cycle going before october comes. i'd really like some unseeded bud but i think it would be more worth it in the long run to have alot of lowryder beans. is that what you did tulip? how many beans do you figure i'd get off an average seeded lowryder?

Attached Files: