Lowryder(the whole truth)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stagger lee, Feb 24, 2010.

1. #1 stagger lee, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2010
    Hey guys
    Im gonna get my balls broke, but Im gonna kickdown the truth about LR that most dont find out till its to late! You can ignore or believe this info obviously,but hope it helps. I HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN BY TELLING YOU THE WHOLE TRUTH!
    LR from joint Dr is half ruderalis(wild hemp) thats were the auto flowern characteristics come from. It cant be cloned, which means you have to learn breeding just to continue growing it! new growers might be better off learning to clone,before dealing w/males collecting pollen,ect... most serious growers clone!LR has a different light cycle, so cant grow any other strains next to it!

And it seems LR custi's "try it" cause the fast harvesting!!! Its not any faster than some non-auto's!! there are several really dank strains that are just as quick w/out the complications! Shishkeberry, grapefruit, ak47, ect...Oh yeah, since you have to breed it the first harvest will be all seeds anyway!(they leave that out too!)
    LR not only has very low thc(50% Hemp) (they dont list LR thc%)but the yield is a bad joke (6-7grams),especially compared to regular strains.

. You will never see an experienced grower w/LR in their garden. Never will you see a greenhouse full of LR. lol!

and having to start from seed everytime isnt nearly as quick as startn other strains from clones. So growing from clones saves you at least a week or two.
    and when you figure the #s its really not getting your buds any quicker.

2. 1. It is much faster for the yield.. run any non auto you want however you want from seed. 12/12 from seed, veg for 20, flower for 40.. you won't yield the same in the 60 days from seed window.

2. have you even grown it before? of course the THC % is listed. Don't believe me?
    [​IMG]

Hi, my name is ipack and I've been growing for awhile now. Numerous strains, and I still run LR #2. What you've failed to mention in your review is the fact that it is perfect for tight spaces, is extremely low odor, and does in fact finish before non autos from seed.

while I agree with you on certain aspects, I think it's a good plant for a beginner that needs uber stealth in a tight space, but doesn't want to mess around with LST or supercropping their first real seed order. By the way, these autoflowering strains have gotten more potent as better hybrids are stabilized and made available. I agree with your points entirely that it's not as potent as other strains and that growers should branch out and expand their growing knowledge in other areas besides growing autos forever.

3. before you put your foot in mouth, that pic and thc% isnt Lowryder. its LR crossed w/santa maria... dont believe me? and Thats all LR growers can say is great for tight spaces low oder? dude there are a shitload of nonautos that are better sog style plants. And low oder same thing. any positive point is outweighed by 3 neg ones. And I couldnt disagree more that its good for beg growers.why? cant learn to clone w/it, first crop has to be a seedcrop just to continue growing it. Any good points(like easy growing) are a joke when comparing it to a "non hemp"strain there are great strains out there that are really easy,clonable, short stature,low oder,ect,ect like I said any good points are outweighed by more neg ones.

Since we are in beg section there are alot of LR fans, but go in experienced growers section and more would agree w/me. Every1 that will post BS about my view will conveniently be a experienced grower now! But remember were in beg section so their prob lying. I have nothing to gain you guys just want a mf to know truths about neg probs w/LR that they might not know about! PEACE!!

4. not only is 1st harvest need to be seeded to continue, but 2nd 3rd ect ARENT faster than non auto's cause clones are much faster than growing from seed(which is necessary w/LR)clones save a few weeks which when you do the math just as quick as LR harvests. too many other good strains that have same good points you use to backup/justify grow'n LR

5. dude, no one around here grows original LR to begin with hardly ever, most people around here just say LR to refer to #2 (which is obviously the superior of the two).. even beginners... you're a bit behind the times in your autoflowering knowledge when it comes to potency.

and I know about clones bro, they're the same age as the mother they were taken from.. that's why i specifically said "from seed"

who cares if people wanna grow autoflowering? it's obviously a trend that's not slowing down any.

6. I grow an auto in my garden! I have nothing against Auto's, LOWRYDER is the name of thread, and if some1 refers to LR, no that doesnt mean there talkn about LR#2. So bro, If your talkn LR#2 than thats LR#2. Theres apretty big difference! LR is 50% HEMP , and LR#2 is about 25% hemp. please read carefully dnt put words in my mouth. BIG difference between AUTO'S and LR, I grow an auto called bonkers in/outdoors everyyear. Lowryder is what Im talkn bout!

7. It's all good, I just seriously have not seen an original LR journal around these parts in awhile... few and far between compared to the easyryder, roadrunner from Dinafem, LR2, Dieselryder, etc. In the LR2 journals, most people just use LR as the abbreviation.. my bad for assuming you meant the same. :wave:

In that case I totally agree with your assessment that LR is not worth growing when compared to what you get

8. ipack, I apologize for getn agro hippy on ya, dont mean to come off the way my post sounded, cause Im down w/new growers and kinda sick of all the BS just to sell beans.
    My opinion is no better than any1 elses.PEACE

9. I am definitely one of the purists who far prefers non ruderalis genetics, but I've had this argument a lot and I must admit that for some noobs its not the worst idea. I also must admit I've got a smurfberry from sagarmatha which has ruderalis in the mix, and I've been impressed with the quality sagarmatha has brought to ruderalis mixes.

I definitely agree that lowryder the company sucks, pretty much all they do is take a strain, breed in some ruderalis and call it gravy.

10. #10 Autoflower, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2010
    mmm lowryder was the first, have to admit when it came out at the time it was amazing that somebody had achieved something of that nature. Of course the ORIGINAL lowryder may have lacked in some things but those are things of the past have you tried a autoflowering white widow or diesel? So its ok to give a fair warning to newbies and theres a big difference between lowryder and auto's? Without lowryder there would be no auto's lol.

11. That's definitely not true. Ruderalis was first "discovered" in 1924, but of course it has existed for thousands of years. I have heard that the weed herodotus describes in his account of scythian burial rituals was ruderalis. The first breeding of ruderalis with other types was in the 70s in canada, but was for purely taxonomic reasons. The first big breeding program for "drugs" was done by the legendary neville shoenmaker, owner of the first seed bank and breeder of legendary strains like white widow. He decided against ruderalis, but soon after it was incorporated into outdoor strains by a breeder in BC. Dj Short thinks most commercial ruderalis strains probably draw on these BC plants which probably got their ruderalis from russia. Anyways many breeders and seedbanks here and there used ruderalis until lowryder became the first company to be completely devoted to it. So really they didn't start it all, they capitalized on it.

12. but still its something great to achieve lowryder is great for new growers and growers who want a short harvest or have growing restrictions and if you put in dwc you will get nothing near 14 grams lol yea there are tons of strains that blow lowryder off the chart but for some people the lowryder fam and autos can be a great thing :)

13. Yea I used to be completely against it til I got in a huge argument about it and in the end we both had to agree with each other. Sure if you're a connoisseur purist then you can nitpick about it, but most of the time a noob will get better results with ruderalis strains.

I still think though that if you're so set on a ruderalis go with something from a company like sagarmatha if you can afford the extra price. They really fine tune their genetics impressively.

Sorry though, don't mean to completely knock lowryder. I think a lot of people get all hateful on them cuz they feel like they were tricked or something, but that's just how marketing goes. Lowryder presents itself as being easy, short, fast, etc for the beginner. They never say they are the very best growers in the world ever ever like arjan.

14. dude, the joint doctor stabilizes his genetics before he rushes them out to the market, unlike certain seed companies whose autoflowering strains are sometimes dubious when it comes to being completely stabilized for the autoflowering trait.

And Arjan is a tool who is only in it for the money and cares nothing about ethics in breeding. GHS are certainly not the best by any stretch.

15. Um, I'm not sure if you were trying to make a counter point or something, but that was exactly what I meant. Arjan is a douchebag who grows in a room with blacked out walls-wtf! you'd think if the "world's best" grower was going to do it indoors he'd at least use mylar or AT LEAST white walls. His assistant guy seems to have no idea what he's doing, and every video they have shows them doing and saying retarded shit, like grabbing the top cola and shaking it around and bending it (not to the point of strengthening the stem, to the point its just stressing the plant out), talking about big buds, big calyxes, big calyxes, world class marijuana, big calyxes, blah blah blah. He rarely says anything substantial, and really seems to act as more of a business man than a breeder. Shantibaba will always be and idol to me, guys like him and neville, dj short, etc are what its all about. Arjan can go suck a dick for all I care, and I'm sure he does-that assistant douche bag's.

Sorry to go on a bit of a rant, but I really can't stand Arjan. Also though I wasn't saying anything bad about the joint doctor, I was just saying that the lowryder company isn't out there advertising their stuff as if its the best weed in the world ever grown by any one ever in the history of the universe times infinity like Arjan. They say what their strains are about honestly and accurately, and if some people get all butt sore after they find out how autoflowering plants are made, that's not lowryder's fault, they never tried to be anything they weren't.

16. oh and did I say fuck arjan? just making sure

17. ok just making sure we're on the same page.. you weren't actually trying to call arjan the greatest grower in the world, just that he constantly refers to himself as that :D have you seen that dumbass "malawi gold expedition" vid? I think he refers to himself as the god of weed at one point

18. lol,some funny ass shit. Im not posative but I think sagarmatha actually offered stupersonic (some rude in it) a few yrs before lowryder came out,but doesnt really matter anyway. im kinda confused about joint Dr releasing only stablized strains. Wasnt LR a f1... ruderalis x ak47? And I do like/think rude has a place in breeding for outdoor growers up north. But imo I really dont see as much need for it indoors. The only good thing I like about it is the fast flowering. I cant see it being good for new growers cause cloning is such a big part of indoor growing, and I think they should learn cloning before tryn to breed anything? So what do growers do w/LR in the first harvest grow sensi or use their 1st run as a seed crop? If they do pull the males and grow sensi , I guess their stuck buying another pack of LR. Which is great for the joint Dr, but kinda sucks for the grower especially if they decide to breed to continue,cause the main reason for growing it is tryn for quickest way to get some smoke! ya guys prob quit readn this rambling before readn this far anyway peace!

19. Don't know why you're confused about joint doctor's stabilized strains. Really in my opinion if you're going to sell seeds commercially you should really have stabilized stuff. I also agree that ruderalis has its place, especially in areas to the north- areas like where it evolved. Ruderalis refers to certain rocky places called ruderal, so its really good for growing in tough areas outdoors, and the early flowering makes it a better choice for growing in places like alaska where you might not reach optimal harvest with the abnormall light schedule. I definitely wouldn't recommend breeding for noobs, but because ruderalis is shorter, faster, autoflowering, and very resistant to pests, mold, drought, and cold. So really its good for someone who isn't planning on cloning or breeding, just growing from seed. Read the whole thing though man!

Yesir that is definitely what I'm saying! Man I haven't seen that one but I'm seriously laughing out loud just thinking about it. Seriously is there a single video of that guy where he doesn't say he a king or god or champion or expert or something LMAO what a douche

20. I respect your opinion SL but I hate to see false information being spread just because of a bias.

1. that pic and thc% isnt Lowryder. its LR crossed w/santa maria...

Lowryder crossed with Santa Maria is actually a lowryder, just the next generation of it; Lowryder 2

2. Any good points(like easy growing) are a joke when comparing it to a "non hemp"strain there are great strains out there that are really easy,clonable, short stature,low oder,ect

I could easily argue the opposite with being an only beginner strain. Most if not all auto dwarfs have been shown to be quite picky and not as tolerant as other photoperiod strains. Since some of the most common mistake made by beginning growers is over feeding and over watering, many beginners may end up burning their more fussy plants.

3. not only is 1st harvest need to be seeded to continue

You're right about one thing, they can't be cloned so lowryder's and other autos do need to start from seed. But what you're assuming is that you need to sacrifice you're whole crop in order to get seeds. This is not true, with a little research it wouldn't be hard at all to pull out the male at the right time, extract some pollen, and gently brush it on as many or as little selected flowers you want. Instead of letting the plant's pollinate on their own, you can choose to still harvest and have several seeds on the side.

4. BIG difference between AUTO'S and LR

That's like saying an apple isn't a fruit :p Lowryder's are an autoflowering plant, along with many other strains.

Last but not least my friend :smoke: Have one of these and relax! :hello: