Lowryder seeds?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by jimmyoz, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Has anyone tried the Lowryder seeds from DrChronic's site? They are around $50 USD with shipping, and are the seeds that go from seed to bud in eight weeks.

I'm not really impressed. I germinated five seeds, four sprouted. I planted the seeds, and one seed started growing the next day, but it didn't amount to much before it just died. Two others grew for a couple days, but then one morning I went to my friends place, opened the growbox up and found both plants limp dead. The last germinated seed has not yet sprouted.

I don't understand because I used the same setup with Nirvana seeds back in October, and the plants flowered beautifully. Do lowryder require more watering than normal seeds, or what's the case?

MY lighting is 2 1350 lumen 24 inch plant growing lights, and a 45 watt CFL which produces around 2600 lumen, and lighting is on for 15 hours right now.

ANy suggestions, or do you think I might have just got some bad seeds? I still have five left, so if anyone has any great suggestions for growing lowryder I'd love to hear them. I'm feeling a bit bitter since the cheaper seeds worked so well and these expensive seeds aren't working.

Thanks a lot,

2. why just 15 hours of light?

Veg is best with 24/0, or if you're the paranoid type who thinks they grow faster without light, then do 18/6

3. Lowryder doesn't have a veg state. It goes directly from germinating to flowering. 24 hours is overkill, and there is very little difference between 12 and 18 hours when it comes to harvesting according to the lowryder grow guides i've read.

4. Lowryder is A/F (autoflowering) but 24/0 isnt optimal. 18/6 allows the plant some down time. But it doesnt sound like you even got that far.

Get some more light. Go to home depot and pick up a couple 100w CFL's. It would also be good to keep a fan on (inderectly) once she peeks out above the soil. Just enough to keep the leaves moving a little. It promotes stronger stems and branches.

What are the tempratures in your growbox? do you have any circulation? what kind of soil/additives are you using? whats your watering regimen?

www.highbred.net

btw, this should be in the Sick plants/ problems section

5. if you actually read the package or go to any seedbank website with lowryders they will tell you 20 on 4 off

my 2 cents

6. Yes! 2-/4 light is the suggested lighting schedule for auto's. As for Dr. Chronic, he is a reseller, not the breeder. If they were Lowryder or Lowryder 2, they came form Joint Doctor. I think you have a soil problem or PH problem, I have read more and more that autos die quickly when the PH is not inline or the soil is not a good medium. What kind of soil are you using? What is the PH of the water you are using?

less