lowryder question

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by subsidine, Jun 26, 2005.

1. I was reading up on the lowryder strain and was wondering about cloning.... I probably cant clone that right?????

I read somewhere about something called "seeding".... whats that all about?

2. low ryder cant be cloned as far as i know, they dont get branches at all so theres no where to clone.

Seeding is when you get a males pollen ( putting a plastic bag over a male branch, the pollen collects on the inside of the bag) and put in on a female plant, and seeds show everywhere.

I really dont have experience with low ryder..But thats my 2 cents

3. do you know where to pick up some lowryder seeds at?

4. If im not mistaken it can be cloned .....not versed on lowryder but theres a few good threads on o/g uk growers i think id post a link but they wont work for some reason timed out all the time??

5. Having no vegetative stage, Lowryder can't be cloned or regenerated, for all
    intents and purposes. Replanting seeds is a must. But then, this plant's
    unique advantages do away with any reason for cloning in the first place. In
    any case, seeds are much easier to transport and handle and have a higher
    success rate. i feel special now

6. fuck marc emery, he screws people over

7. no worries... hes in jail now.

8. What's the yeild like, this would be perfect for me.

9. on that same website that bumblebee cited, it said somethin about the plants/yeild being small, relative to other strains. But it copensates by having such a short time 'til harvest.

10. I was just thinking this, but maybe I'm crazy...

Most places sell 10 lowryder seeds for $50. Assuming that half the plants are male, you're getting 5 female plants fr $50. According to one of the sites already referenced in this thread, a lowryder plant will only give you about a quarter oz of bud--after all, it only has one main bud thing, I think. Anyway:

5 plants x 1/4oz = 1.25oz for $50. That seems pretty good, but if you think about it, it's really not. You have to put in many hours of work to grow these plants, plus pay for electricity. Compared to most any other strain that gets at least an ounce indoors, if not 4-12oz when given the supreme conditions it needs, and you can see that lowryder is just a gimic for 14 year olds who need to hide their plants from mommy. Ok, that was a generalization, but seriously if you're giong to grow bud, get a real size plant and actually get a good harvest for all your work. I'd hate to see people put $50/bag down for these seeds and end up with an ounce after 2 months of work, electricity, etc.

Just my $0.02. I may also try Lowryder to see if the other advantages are worth it (short grow time) but it will probably be a while 'cuz just about any other plant out there is going to get you 3 or more times as much bud as these. So they might take 2/3rds the time to grow, but only give you 1/3rd or less of the bud.

If anyone wants to post their yeild from their lowryders please do, the information I'm going on here is only from one source so I could be wrong about the yield.

11. one way to get around that whole 50$/1.25 oz is to breed.

get a pack of 10, turn into 100. keeping 90 for flowering and 10 for seed production, (givin 50% m/f ratio which is iffy at best) u could get 45 x .25 oz per round in roughly 60 days (or whatever the cycle is). or 11.25 oz every 2 month or 4.21875 lbs per year...

but i hear its not the best product and my guess is that u could do better in most of the catagories except speed.

fyi, im gonna try an outside lowryder grow, just for giggles and to find out what all the hype is about... if they really only a foot tall, u can grow em in the crack of the sidewalk and ppl wouldnt notice. 'oh no sir, that is not mj but its prairie cinquifoil. yes the leaves look alike but mj is a very tall plant, and this is so small and cute...'

12. ^^^ Breeding would be an option, but my thinking is this: if a grower has enough space to be able to do something like that (ex: putting plants aside just for seeds) I would think that grower would have enough room that he wouldn't have to worry about being "caught" or having to "hide" his plants, right? Thus eliminating the reason to have small, easily hidden plants.

Lowryder probably isn't a bad strain (never had it before) but I'm just trying to think of the advantages of having a plant that grows so small and yields so little. Like froggy said, it's probably really easy to grow these plants outside because of the low profile, not to mention you could probably get two harvests in per year since they autoflower. But I just keeping thinking about getting 7 grams of bud per plant and how low that is! Plus you can't clone, which means every harvest you have to split out the males.

I still think it's mostly a gimmick, but that's just my opinion.

13. how come you guys don't like Marc Emery?

14. That was completely off topic blueberries so let's stay on topic

As for the yields and such, I've seen some high yields from one plant using hydros. And they are actively cross breeding the LR with other strains to creatye AF hybrids.

15. Lowryder has been cloned. Dispite its autoflowering properties, this can be avoided by lowering the root temps into the 50 degree range. This continues the vegetative state until you're ready to take a cutting. Its not ideal by any means, but it has been done.