Lowryder Outdoor Soil Mix

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Realistic1, Apr 5, 2006.

1. This season, I will be growing out a few Lowryders. They will be grown outside for their entire life. They will also stay in the same 2 gallon container for the entire duration of the grow. Which brings me to my question, I'm not sure of the right soil mix to use. Normally, I would use some native soil, worm castings, blood and bone meal, and lots of perlite, but since they will be started in this mix I was wondering if I should use a much weaker mix and just use organic ferts later in the life of the plant. I wouldn't want to burn them. Any Incite would be great.:)

2. that does sound good, but maybe minus whatver ones u like, then add them in later.

3. I'd stay away from any ferts until 2-3 weeks into the grow then go with a diluted dose or two of organic nutes. I'm assuming they could be very easy to over-fert so I would stick to organic, but a good amount of nutes never hurt a plant, thats for sure.

4. I've decided to go with a mixture of 3 parts organic compost and one part perlite. I will also use a small amount of blood/bone meal along with some kelp meal. After the plants have started to flower, I will use some Bloom juice.

5. Sounds like a good plan to me, good luck, I would love to see some pics! When University starts in the fall I am going to do a Lowryder grow and put a good journal on here since everyone is so curious about it.