Lowryder Easy Ryder turning yellow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jobi Wan, Oct 18, 2009.

1. #1 Jobi Wan, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
    This is only my second grow and chose to grow 2 Lowryder Easy Ryder plants.
    they have been growing since the 27th of july, using a sunsystem 150 watt light and a hydro kit. One of the plants is absolutely thriving. However, the other plant (same box, same conditions) has slowed in the production of buds and most of the leaves have fallen off or turning yellow. Only the newer leaves around the buds are still green.
    Why is only one of the plants turning yellow like this?

I know its not heat burn. i heard something about it maybe an iron build up or a nute problem. The nutes were grow nutes then bloom nutes by Flora Nova.

The reason im most confused is due to the problem only occurring on one of the plants even though they're in the same hydro box.

Ill have pics tomorrow (sorry).
    Some buds clipping buds
    [​IMG][/URL][​IMG]

2. if its been growing since the 27th of July you should be harvesting by now that is why they are turning yellow. You should flush with fresh water and harvest. But i am far from a seasoned vet haha

3. Yeah, those are WAY finished. The leaves are yellowing because the plant is thinking, "Well, I'm done growing. I made my flowers. Time to die."
    Harvest TIME, yo! :bongin:

4. can we say couchlock! :eek:

5. ha thanks lads better get this going.

6. #6 Jobi Wan, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2009
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. That, sir, is pure WIN.

8. plants cut pics added how they looking:hello::smoke::smoke::smoke::hello:

9. Tell us...how's it smoke?

10. Thats 1 Lowryder? WTF i was expecting a stumpy single cola!? What did you do to it?

11. no sir its two plants. Although the second plant went through some sorta pronlem (its the one in that pic thats skinny with few leaves) and barely grew 1/4 of the other plant.
    but thats jsut the way the lowryders grew. i did nothing special to them except trim once.

12. I grew easyryder and it was short with a single cola that was thick as a baseball bat but it never grew out like yours. Are you sure its easyryder and not just lowryder or something. I am no expert but mine was just waaaaay different.

13. yea man if you let them go too long they will just yellow up and die,when the calayxes start to turn brown you know they went too long.

14. Easyryders are far from being uniform,ive seen them go to almost 4ft tall,and ive seen them go micro with just a 10" cola,this is due to hybrid vigor I would assume,being that these are F1 hybryds.

15. well that still looks impresive from 2 easyryders! Well done, looks like a normal plant that one would have topped a few times.

16. Yea sorry i was thinking they were lowryder easy ryder (ak47 x lowryder#2) but they were actually lowlife automatic ak47's (ak47 x lowryder)

17. hi im new to this site and now ready to set up my first grow! Im planning on Growing in a semi stealth growbox made from 2 storage containers attached n airtight etc with intake 6 inch at the bottom and outtake 6 inch connected to a homemade carbon filter at the top!
    Lihts used are going to be 1X150w cfl and a quadband 90w led panel 12x12!
    Am planning to grow scrog stlye, the box will be 4ft in height 2ft x 2ft!
    Bought my seed from attitude as they seemed to b reliable plus their UK based! I ordered with a mate each we got 2 blueberry lowrider 2 easy rider 2 red dwarf auto and 3 photoperiod seeds each la woman la confidential lemon skunk!
    How do u think this will work? I will be only growing 1 plant lowlife easy rider, for my first grow how do u think this will respond to my choice in lights and grow method?
    Any advice critisism and whatever else u wanna say would b appreciated!!

18. To low7782: Your setup seems fine, but I'm worried about having only one CFL for 6 plants. It might be hard to distribute the light from that to more than one or two, even with those high watts. And if you put the lights too far away, like more than 3 inches, your plants will get taller than you might want. That LED panel would only help a little, you'd be contantly switching which plants get the CFL and which the LED on which days.

I'd be happy if you take a look at my CFL lowryder grow happening right now where I'm trying to do 4 plants in 15"x17" and they're about nine inches tall flowering:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/general-...th-filing-cabinet-cfl-feminized-lowryder.html