Lowryder autoflowers, what yield?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by n3wb13, Jun 2, 2009.

1. whatever if you need to grow the auto flower dwarfs for stealth and what not, than do what you got to do. i just think there are ways to get more yeild and quality by not even letting it grow past 3 feet. wich there are...

2. and here is the reason for your interaction in this thread. to brag about how much you grow. people with limited space and time will continue to use autoflowers and be happy with the smaller yields. you can continue to grow your way and be happy with all your weed. talking shit about how much you grow is kinda weak.

3. #43 patriofarmer, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2009

Getting the same charges and penalties for getting caught with a 7 gram AF variety plant as you would for the 18 oz monster.............Priceless.

I think alot of people are missing the message here. I am american, and if I am going to risk jail time I want it to be worth my while. Cantharis and others have said it before, why risk your freedom for an oz of weed. Pony up and pay the $250 and let someone else do the dirty work. Possesing this quantity carries much less penalty than cultivating the same amount, and lawyers and court fees even if you get off will far exceed this amount. If you are in it for the excitement aspect get a case of mountain dew and try skydiving. Get at least triple digit posts before you start trash talking to Cantharis, that's what I did at least.

Posting on this or any thread just to call some one an asshole and not give any insight to the OP query is even weaker. This site is for sharing of opinions and advice, if you don't like what someone who grows bigger than you and has scores more experience then don't ask in the first place. This thread is now fucked.

4. #44 patriofarmer, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2009

Maybe you might try smoking a little more LOL. Chill out bro This is not a good start toward the quest for COMRADERIE. You could be charged with plant count, not weight if caught so the 1 monster or even medium sizer for security reasons may be something to reconsider from that aspect. Just so you don't think I am anti AF I have a couple going this year, and so far am not impressed with them (4 inches and flowering already) but still worth trying once.

5. #45 Old Stoner GTO, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
    Hi patriofarmer! I do understand the risks involved in growing any amount of cannabis, whether large or small. I also know the laws in my state, which suck, incidentally, LOL. I just feel in my situation I have to be, and am willing to face the music if caught by LEO. I am just starting out growing and experimenting again, after a 25 year hiatus raising children. Really I just want to see what I can do this year.

Then there's the fact that weed in my area is ridiculously high priced, and I hate like hell to pay today's prices! Way gone are the "good old days" when wsuperb weed was 20 bucks an ounce. Damn, I do so miss those days. ;)

I do appologize to you, Patrio, and the many Gracsscity faithful for my very strongly worded post. I realize it sounded very mean spirited, and I apologize for that. I really am a nice person, when you get to know me.

However, I just tire very easily of people who put down others for what they need/must/can/might/won't do about any given subject. I also have a problem with anyone who treat noobs like they are second class citizens. We were ALL noobs once. Some people have a short memory - short/long-term memory loss, LOL. :D

Being called pathethic for my small grow was highly uncalled for, and didn't quite set well with me. I am very happy Cann can grow and be blessed with such a bountiful yeild, I really am! I just think people need to be more empathetic to others' situations. And most of all, we are all here for the same reasons - POT. We should try and help and encourage each other, and not try to tear down someone else. we need, as heads, to especially follow the Golden Rule - Treat others as you would like to be treated.

Why? He didn't have a problem trash talking me... :wave: We aren't discriminating against "noobs", now are we, LOL. :D

I did post giving the OP an opinion. ;)

Didn't say I didn't like it. I am happy for he who grows mucho. Just don't like being called small potatoes for what I am doing, ya know?

In my career as a head, I have probably smoked a ton more than a lot of people here. Back in the day, I could go through a quarter pound in a week without a problem. Back then, a .25 LB would cost you the exorbant price of 50 to 60 bucks, LOL. Damn I stayed blitzed nearly 24-7, LOL. But I also was very young, and could handle the heat!

I'm just not as experienced in growing as others. :)

I just don't need to stay fried 24-7 now. I have a firm to run, and toke now for basically relaxation. I have chronic insomnia. Indica works wonders for me in that respect. Don't get me wrong, I do so love a good buzz! I just have mucho on my plate, and don't feel the need to stay stoned, LOL.

Again, I do understand the risks, probably moreso than a lot of people here. In my case, I'll take the risk. Besides, no one but wifey and you guys know what I'm doing, and I don't think ya'll are gonna rat me out! :D

Good luck with your grow. I have two cute little female White Widow fems outdoors which I am LST'ing, and i might just go that route in the future. I just saw the AF's, and thought it would be neat to at least give 'em a fair shake!

Again, good luck with your grow, and keep on tokin'! :smoking:

6. First off if you read the quote that so offended you it was more towards the genetics than the grower. The thread is called Lowryder autoflowers, what yield? Now some reports from autoflower growers varies in the yield category, but half an oz is respectable. What is not respectable that a strain can have a max yield of half an oz. I could understand if this was your grow journal and those comments were made then yes offense should be taken. Enough about this, Cantharis can more than take care of himself. Get to know him and you will see he has a unique sense of humor.

Newbies are a hot topic here, what I can say is spend some time here and read some of the shit posted and you might understand why this is. People are very tolerant of new posters, as long as they act according and put in some effort. I will help anyone in need, but dude there are alot of people that stir the pot in a bad way then disapear a month and 59 posts later. That get's old pretty quick. I'm not throwing any accusations your way, just expaining the situation a little better. Just so you know I have had issues with members more senior than myself, but your original response was that of someone in desperate need of some down time.

I'm honored to be quoted so many times in your response, at least your one of the few that reads. I'm guessing your in the legal field, and have better grasp on consequences than most. So if you know how people can be charged, why would you still put yourself in more risk than necesary? Do you want to be disbarred for an oz and a half? Me personally I would rather pony up a few hundred and pay for it. It just seems that with such a small amount the cons outweigh the pros. In your state do they charge you with plant count or weight in your experience? You don't have to let the plants get to 18 oz's ya know. Hope your laughing at that one!

Sorry you took such offense but I think you are a little defensive, did I say I'm guessing your a lawyer? Your last thought is really confusing so you are growing WW and "just wanted to give LR a fair shake" Are you growing the LR indoors or out? And are you still flicking them out your car window?

I sence passive aggresive nature to your last post, I still suggest you smoke some more to chill out.

7. I do humbly apologize, patriofarmer, for being so defensive at times. I have had a very rough time of it in forums such as this. Been trashed way too much, I guess, and tend to be a little wary and defensive at times. Again, I do apologize.

I understand the views on noobs. Some can be quite annoying (i.e ME, :wave: ), but I guess I haven't been here long enough to notice the leniancy shown to them. I'll try harder, I promise! ;)

I shall also apologize to Cantharis in my next post. If he doesn't have this thread subscribed, please direct him here, if you talk to him.

I don't plan on posting 59 times and running like hell, LOL. I hope to be here a LONG, LONG time, and annoy the hell out of everybody for a LONG, LONG time, LOL.

I do try and read everyones posts as much as possible, however, I do admit, I get stoned and I miss a few, LOL. You seem like a great person. I hope Cantharis gives me the chance to see how good a person he is! :D

Unfotunately, I AM in the legal field. :rolleyes: And I do not think I will get busted, as I am quite a stealthy son of a gun. I have a great outdoor spot, and now a small indoor spot, as well. So I think I'll be alright, but I DO appreciate your concern!

I think another reason, other than trying to put dealers out of business by growing my own (we should all do more growing, and hopefully prices will come down), is that I just want to see if my old arse CAN DO IT, LOL. Last time I grew I was 17 and just starting college. Was some damn good Columbian Gold bagseed, and it turned out to be a GREAT harvest, and almost as good smoke as the original. I just wanted to see if I could do it again. Hell, when I retire, we are moving away from here and building new diggs, I'm gonna put in one helluva grow room in the basement disguised as a wine cellar. Man, I can't wait! Then I can grow MONSTERS! :D

I'm just tired of paying up to 500 buckaroos for Kind, when I can grow my own, and become another Jorge Cervantes, LOL!

Shoot, when I retire, ALL my plants will yeild the big 18, he, he, he... Nah, the charge your arse by weight here. Almost the most archaic laws in the country here.

LOL, yes, I am doing more than flicking them out the window. When the wife and I get to a cool spot, she actually jumps out and PLANTS the damned seed, LOL. It's funny as hell, watching her old arse scramble around, trying not to get seen. We also throw seeds out the window in the big towns around us! OVERGROW the sons of guns! They can't but everybody, nor can they chop and burn ALL the plants! ;)

Yea, I am LST'ing 2 female White Widows outdoors, and are doing the LR's 2 indoors, and 2 out, just to see what happens. Got Jorge's book and am following it almost to the letter. And am watching GC's grow threads with pregnant interest!

I probably DO need to light up more, but sometimes I just can't. We flew to a town a couple of states over to go on a charity ride for Down's Syndrome kids. My caseload is enormous (I need to slow way the F down!), but I am trying to make as much as I can now, to be able to hand the firm over to my sons soon, and move to the mountains! And build that killer grow room!

So wish me luck. I'm not a bad guy, really. I'm just a dickhead sometimes. If you see me being one, slap me silly and wake me up, OK? ;)

Are you in the Psyc field? Your good at guessing peoples natures, if not, LOL.

Have a good one! Hope we can be friends! :wave:

8. Cantharis, just wanted to apologize for being a dick in the earlier post. I shouldn't have been so defensive. I ask for your forgiveness. I understand if you do not give it!

Anyway, hope we can be friends. And again, forgive my dickheadedness! :eek:

9. I swear my wife will put this on my tombstone.

10. ROFLMAO, I want "I TOLD you I was sick" on mine!

11. No worries my friend, the one thing that brings me enjoyment here is seeing people get excited about life and the passion it brings out in people good and bad. Thanks for reading up and I'm sure you will have many things to contribute for us to enjoy. Absolutely no apologies necesary to me. We are all here to help when we can to fill everyones stash jars with the best possible. It's good to see someone in it to win it.

12. Thanks patriofarmer. By just being here, my stash jar runneth over, LOL! :smoke:

13. dont appologize GTO...Cantharis didnt...patrio didnt; you were speaking your mind just as they did. thats their perogative; for those of us growing autos(done somewhat correctly) know that they are rewarding in varying ways..

why grow 18oz/plant of white widow when there are some vicious mex. sativas producing 5lbs or more? its your perogative, its what you wanted to do...like all these other guys planting these autos. cantharis you are very forthcoming at times...but then you know that dont you? maybe express your knowledge in a way that doesnt make people feel insulted or stupid(even if they are),or make you out to be "that classic british pompous". "we've" seen what youve done plant wise, and it is respectable...follow suit man

yo Scottland: whats the news? get your autos? ive got an indoor LR2 (growing for seed....but) that is attempting a yield of around 1-1.5 ozs; could have gotten 2 easy out of it had i grown under diff. circumstances. outdoors in full sun(6-10 solid hours of sunlight) along with some good gardening techniques you could get 2-4 oz off it im sure. for a 1-2' tall plant....thats cool. I think people's experiences with the f'ed up phenos/mutants of these autos has led to some negativity, BUT, IF you get lucky with the predominant pheno you will have happy times(lowryder 2 that is, LR orig. is a lil fellow) good luck!

oh yah, hope i didnt hurt anyones feelings....ill say sorry in advance to save some poor tissues life.

14. Don´t really like long lanky sativas - haven´t got the headroom.

And I would change my name to ArrogantDick but I see it is already taken. +rep to you.

15. why wouldn't people hate us americans? our ancestors were a bunch of puritan assholes who oppressed and enslaved Africans for financial benefit.

16. You necro a thread with this?

You do know we let people immigrate to other countries yes? Hint hint hint. Go see the world, you'll find every nation has dirt on their face.

17. I'm American bro! I love this country I'm just saying we wouldn't be worth shit if we didn't have slavery in our earliest days. Sorry for necro'n the thread was originally looking for Autoflower advice then read all this ish ahhaha

18. Sorry. you're even less free than us Americans. Same goes for Spain. At least Americans still have guns to throw off the tyranny if it comes to that. It's all shades of gray though, and we're all screwed it we don't stop our rising authoritarian states.

Sorry for the politics... :eek:

If you want a good yield from auto's you need to plant a bunch of them. Some strains are certainly better than others.

19. im new so if some of this is wrong my bad this is just from my 2 months of research and made a decision to go with photoperiod plants (well actually bag seeds but same shit)

grow a photoperiod, thats what im going to try, if ur just patient and u give it time u can easily get a pound + PER PLANT and thats if ur really new and miss a few things, and eventually when u get good at it i've heard people getting 3 even 4 or 5 pounds off one plant! its more worth your time if u really think about it, plus it's a single plant thats growing u sooo much weight, with an autoflower yeah its 3x faster or w/e but ur getting 2 or 3 ounces at best? when at best a photoperiod can get u like 3 lb's just 3x longer?

3 lb = 48 oz's OR 3 oz's X 3 = 9 oz's

same time, less yield, more $$ on water and ur gonna need MORE spots for MORE plants, if ur gonna get lots of yield from autoflowering plants ur gonna need like 30 or 40 plants to watch and maintain where as photoperiod all u need is 4 or 5 plants to maintain and ur still making a killing

20. Seems like some peopleneed to smokemore potinhere. Thread has gotten totallyoff topic. Just saying oh and 18ozs a plant man try 7 pounds I didoffone plant last year. Hows thT for dick measuring. Hahaha sorry I hadtobe asmart ass. Im reallyinterested inthese autoflowers dor aquick early harvest outdoors before my monster plants take up all thespce. Oh and I live in America and grow legally its called I live in Nor Cal and have myme card. So not the entire country isgay about ganja.:D