Lowryder Attic Grow In A Grow Tent

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by 10man, May 4, 2009.

1. Hi Everyone. I started this grow about 2 weeks ago. Im really having a blast with it. After buying the tent i realized that i should have built a grow box to save some money. The problem i was having was fitting the wood in the attic. Oh well , what it is, is what it is. This is my first grow and any tips would be greatly appreciated. They are in FFOF soil and I have Grow Big and Big Bloom to use later. I started using a very diluted grow big mix and it burnt them a bit so I am using strait water now untill the middle of the week when i will go back to 1/2 cap in a gallon of water and see how it takes.

[​IMG]week 1 plant 1

[​IMG]

Week 1 Plant 2

[​IMG]

Setup Pic 1
    In this photo I have 7 100 w Equivalent daylight bulbs and 2 300 w Equivalent soft lights. I would love to use my HPS but its to hot in the attic to use it. So its CFL's I guess.

[​IMG]

Here is my tent in the attic setup. It is hooked to the AC duct in my attic to keep it cool. It stays around 75-80 so far. My wife is wigging out because I have it freezing in the house. She would crap a loaf if she knew I was growing up there but she has never been in the attic and she is scared to death to go up there so lucky me :).

[​IMG]

My 4" filter and fan. Its a bit noisy so I set up a speed controller on it. Still quite a bit of air displacement, really sucks in the sides of the tent.... oh yeah the the tent is 2x2x4 and barely fits in the attic.

[​IMG]

As you can see here. Oh and all those cored look like a disemboweled robot. I HATE CORDS lol. Someone needs to invent cordless electricity. I can see that going really well. Walking along with your pacemaker and ..BLAMO.. get zapped by some cordless electicity. NICE lol

[​IMG]

Week 2 plant 1

[​IMG]

Week 2 Plant 2, a bit smaller. was having problems with it last week as you can see the burns on the leaves. I think its heading back on the right track now though.

[​IMG]

Lots O Lights, Ok now i have 12 100 w equivalant daylights and a 300 equivalant w porch light i got a wally world for like 20 bucks.

2. Still Growing well. The smaller of the two is showing signs of catching up to the larger plant. Just planted 2 more seedlings as well. Should have pictures up next week. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

3. week 3-4

ok , i have another image. Just ordered some more beans as well, fem LR2. so far ive had 5 males , 2 seeds never poped. This one female and 2 other seedling that i dont know the sex of yet. I would suggest spending the extra cash for femed next time arround.

[​IMG]

sorry about the large images earlier. If anyone even looks at this. Sure hope this thing grows more though

4. Looks like a nice start. She will grow more, don't worry. Keep it up and let us know how it goes.

Peace

5. How are your lowryders doing man? We need an update!! haha!

6. what size is your attic i have a 5 ft attic  with the shape i dentical to yours. idk what tent to get for it