Lowryder AK Grow... Have some questions for my first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BDM, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Hey all after reading for a while about growing I have decided to undertake my first grow.

I will be growing in a closet that's about 7 feet deep 4 feet wide and has a slanted ceiling with a majority of it being around 6 feet for 2 feet of the depth and it slowly tapers to about 3 feet.

I am wondering what the best and most cost effective set up for lighting would be for a space this small and with plants which stay relatively small. Any other opinions or criticisms are welcome as long as they are constructive, I will be using fertilizer, bag soil etc. using 5 gallon paint buckets or pots.

Thanks

2. clfs all the way, in that small space and hps or high output lighting would create serious heat

3. You could do a 250watt hid or smaller with some decent venting but cfls would work just fine and they are cheaper. I have a 250watt in a 4x3x6 ft closet and I have no venting, just a cracked door. A lot of people use cfls and they have awesome crops to show for it.

4. thanks for the great responses guys, I was thinking about placing a fan at the back of the room and having it constantly circulating air over the plants. Any idea where the best place to buy a CFL set up is? online or in person.

5. Build it with parts from your local Home Depot or Lowe's. Piece of cake! :smoking: