Lowryder/ 400 watt HPS

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JW1220, Jul 6, 2009.

1. First off i just want to say a quick thank you to all of GC for all the endless help and advice given to me over the past year...i couldnt have done it without all the help. Thanks everyone.

So after my last successful grow of some decent Bubblegum, i decided to try something a little different and much quicker.

These are my 2 Lowryder plants at 14 days old. Seeds came from Attitude Seed Bank.

The setup is a simple 400 watt HPS, 24"x36"x64" growtent, (2) 4" inline fans, basic floor fan, (2) 2 gallon pots and MG soil. I havent put any nutes on yet.

They havent shown their sex yet, but hopefully they will in the next few days or at least thats what i have been told.

If anyone has any advice on Lowryder, please throw it my way....this is a first for me with this strain so i really dont know what to expect..Yield?

Attached Files:

2. sorry ive read alot about lowryder never grown any myself. they look pretty healthy to me tho!
    whats that medium youre using? cocoa?

3. Are they staying in those pots for the remainder of their lives?

4. yeah i was planning on leaving them in the 2 gallon pots for the entire grow....is that too small for them? Usually i grow other strains in 3 gallon pots, so i thought these would be ok. And to answer your question DC2 i am using MG soil. I have never used anything but MG and have always had great success so i just have never changed the growing medium.

5. I think they should be fine. I was just wondering if you were planning on transfering and if so, when. But that's all irrelevent. :)

6. ok thanks for the post...have you had any luck with lowryder? what kind of yield might i expect with this setup?

7. Anyone?

8. If you get an ounce yo are doing good. Pot size that is advised is 5-7 liters so with the 2 gallon pot that you have this should be ok. Just make sure she gets lots of light as this will determine yield more than anything else.

9. by an ounce do you mean per plant or from the two of them combined?

10. I have had several LR2 grows, and found that 2 gal pots are sufficient. If things are really rough, you can even get by with a one gallon pot. Remember they don't need as much nutes as a regular strain, and the same goes for water. I average around 1/2 to 3/4 of an ounce per plant.

11. ok sounds good thanks for the comment. they are 2 weeks old yesterday, so should i be expecting them to show their sex within the next few days?