Lowryder 2 Grow Journal: Indoor to Outdoor

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mjr99, Apr 5, 2009.

1. #1 mjr99, Apr 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
    Very first grow. I plan on keeping them inside until they start smelling unless i can figure out a way to mask it. Right now i'm on day six and to the best of my knowledge so far so good. Seeing as how this is my first grow im pretty excited that all 6 seeds sprouted for me. I soaked the seeds for 24hr then planted them in peet pellets which were transfered on day 3. My main goal for this first go-around is just to try and interfere asleast as possible and to make sure i get atleast one female knocked up. Anything after that would be gravy.

Medium: 80% Pro-mix BX,, 10% Perlite,,, 10% Vermiculite
    Nutrients: Fox farm Grow Big and Big Bloom. Plan to start feeding on the 20th day. 1/3 strength
    Pot Size: 2 gal.
    Lights: 2- 65K- 42W,,, 4- 65k- 26w

How am i looking? Also, when is the earliest they could show sex?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. For the smell you can build your own carbon filter for your box real easy and cheap from home depot (or lowes or walmart, you get the drift). DIY CArbOn ScrUbber

Once you flip to 12/12 it takes about 2 weeks to determine sex.

3. Thanks for the link. As far as lights i think most who grow this autoflower strain keep them at 18/6 the whole way through.

4. Sorry Autoflower slipped my mind. :smoke:I read the title and didn't actually pay enough attention sorry lol. Yeah Both times i ran an Auto i gave um 24/0.

Same generally it'll between 1-3 weeks to get sex. But someone who has grown lowryder might have a more specific time frame .

5. #5 mjr99, Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
    Day 9

These things have really taken off, its pretty amazing. I watered them yesterday (24oz roughly/ 200oz pots) and i think they appreciated it. I bought one of those cheap ph meters that also have a soil moistness gauge, but im not sure how i should properly use it. Thoughts? No nutes yet. I think ill start feeding on day 20 with foxfarm grow big- hopefully ill still have them in the house by then. Its still cold as shit here in KY so moving these guys outside anytime soon isnt really an option. I bought a magnifying glass the other day and will start examing them for sex in the next few days. One guy on here said he found a male lr on day 13. As you can see my grow space is pretty packed- probably should have only done 4. Here are some new pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. DAY 19

Lowryder 2

I had planned on moving the plants outside when they started to reek but because its still way too cold here i had go to plan B and find a way to mask the smell. So of course my first stop was the gc search option and in a matter of minutes i came across this thread. http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/144976-perfect-odour-neutralizer.html From the moment i opened the ona gel my nose hasnt decteted even the fainted whif of marijuna odor. So i guess atm ill just be playin it by nose as to weather i can keep these gals inside. Thats right gals. I got 3 out of six which im pretty pumped about. Like i said before its my first grow and one of my main concerns was weather i would be able to determine sex in time. So again i hit the GC serach and come across a thread with this link Male or female? Cannabis sexing and boom exactly what i needed. All three males started showing their bananas on day 17 or 18.

Alright, the next order of business i believe is to change up my lights since im gonna try and flower here in the house and also giving them some nutes. I bought Fox Farm grow big and Big Bloom but im still debateing which one im going to give. I think it will be 1/3 strength just to be safe. As far as lights i bought a few 42 watt 2700 k's to add in with my 6500 k's. Would 4 -42w 27's and 2- 42w 65's be enough you think for 3 plants? Is that a good mix of spectrum?

The plants look good though, right?

The other pic is of my ona bucket and my male chamber. Poor Guy. Im gonna throw a female in there with him soon i guess. I need seeds obviously and i figured since im not very savy this seems like a foolproof method.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Whats up Brother..... I just finished growing a LR2, and didnt have any issue with odor. I use the getto air scrubber, run an airstone into a bucket of water with a "little" pinesol...I did ona before and it works but A bottle of pinesol is cheap and lasts a long time. The LR2 gets more smelly when its drying, so watch for that later, and the buds dry fast (unless tied) so dont over dry,,,,:smoking:

8. Looking good! Any updates on the grow? Should be kinda close to harvest time eh? :smoking: