Lowryder #2 grow journal/help - Beginner, first ever grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by j__grow, Apr 18, 2018.

1. G'day growers,
    In the last few weeks I've been building a stealth grow box. It's finally done (well, there's still some room for improvement. - I'm gonna upgrade it along the way) and it's now time to test it out.

Here's how i built the box:
    This is the original cabinet drawer:
    1.jpeg
    I cut the drawers to make room behind them:
    2.jpg 3.jpg
    Now there's space behind the drawers, this is where the plant will grow:
    4.jpg 5.jpg
    Now there's a problem: The drawers are too distant from one another, leaving gaps for light and smell to leak:
    6.jpg
    To fix this, I've extended the drawers with the parts I cut from them to fit snugly into the cabinet (well, i tried, there are still some gaps, but its better than before.)
    7.jpg 8.jpg (in the second picture, the 2 drawers on top are extended)
    Then I covered the hole on the bottom and caulked the corners of the cabinet.
    I cut a hole on the top of the cabinet for the fan/filter (DIY, shown below):
    9.jpg
    Then i painted (very badly) everything white:
    10.jpg
    For the light holder, I cut some wood so that it would fit like a drawer, attached some reflective wrapping paper on one side, and secured some bulb holders wired in parallel on it:
    11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg
    For the DIY fan+carbon scrubber i used an old Intel CPU fan with some activated carbon pellets in front of its intake:
    15.jpg 16.jpg 14.jpg
    Everything's assembled, only thing that's missing is the pot (pun intended):
    17.jpg
    The pot fits like a glove:
    18.jpg

Let's start growing already! (Day 0)
    I've drilled some more drainage(/air pruning?) holes on my pot:
    19.jpg
    And then i filled it up with light soil+perlite(30-40%):
    20.jpg
    I'm germinating the seed (feminized, auto flowering) directly into the soil.

Everything's ready, now the waiting game begins...