Lowryder 2 - Don't believe the hype!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bolski, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Heres a shot of my LR2 that I got from the attitude. The package told me that it could be harvested within 9 weeks from seed, and today (August 1st) makes this the start of the THIRTEENTH week, and it doesnt look anywhere near ready. I'm going to give it another 2 weeks and chop it, no matter what. I'm tired of waiting. Any idea why this could have happened? I grew it for a month under 2 400W HPS bulbs on an 18/6 schedule. All it did was grow taller and taller, much taller than everyone says that they are, almost 2 feet tall. Then after it not flowering at all, I switched to 12/12 and it took off. Perhaps I got the wrong seeds? What do you guys think. Either way I will have some dank bud come the 15th of this month.

[​IMG]

2. :eek:

its looks fine to me.

3. Even if its a auto flowering type id still say fuck the package and always switch to 12/12 after 4 weeks of veg
    3 weeks of veg is kinda pushing it
    4 is good
    5 is a bit to much if space is a issue
    if space isnt a issue then 5-6 weeks wouldnt be to bad but remember these Fuckers can grow 10foot+ inside and 20 footers outside lol.

4. doesnt sound like an autoflowering strain to me. how many plants do you have of this supposed autoflowering strain? were they all like this?:confused:

5. Lowryder cannot grow anywhere near 10 ft, nor can they even grow 6 ft, in or outdoors. Height is strain dependent, some Afghani only grow 4-6 ft, where you have Thai and Mexican landraces that grow 20 ft plus. You really need to do some research on strains and lineages.

As for switching to 12/12 a/ an auto-flowering strain, it is a waste. Auto-flowering strains are different genetically than typical strains. They flower perfectly under 20/4 hour light cycles. Switching to 12/12 can only cause loss of yield. If you switch to 12/12 you will lose yield and it would be even a bigger waste of time.

My initial guess would be it is not a Lowryder 2, it is probably a auto-hybrid which was not fully stablized and is showing characteristics of the true line strains used in crossing it into an auto or Ruderalis lineage.

If you want my honest opinion, you amy have gotten lucky for this will probably not only give you a much better yield, it will be more potent than a typical lowryder.

I would give it 2-3 more weeks, hit it with some molasses on your next watering and it will fill oput even better over the last 2 weeks.

less

6. I've been using Fox Farm Tiger Blossom since I switched to flowering, should I still give it the molasses?

Here's another shot of it from yesterday.

[​IMG]

7. bump bump

8. Your next time watering, give it a shot of 5ml per gallon of molasses, no nutes. Water with just plain water again and hit one more time with molasses, then water for the last week. I think you will be happy with the results. These last 2 weeks are vital for flower production and molasses has everything you need so you will not starve the plant, yet it is 100% organic.

less