Lowryder 2 CFL first-timer's grow. Lots of Pics!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Tim t'Enchanter, May 30, 2009.

1. well i can tell u now its a K def u have gave it too much so flush the soil and start feeding again in a week looks like heat stress but its a K def no offence but its a common mistake with new growrers. u forgot the rule better to underfeed than overfeed and u over fed how to cure this prob flush right now with ph balanced water and it will recover KAT

2. We'll see, thanks for the advice.

Really? Ok then I'll give her a flush now so. It's weird as I've only fed her thee times in four weeks lol.
    Thanks for lookin in Kat!

3. well its the the dark purple trim on the leavess and i bet they are getting crispy if so defo a k prob dont paic everyone gets that the first time at sum point first girl (feed it)) and u dont think bout how much u give her i made the same prob myself no biggy a flush will fix it no more nutes 4 a week easy and she will bounce back its gonna put ur flowering back 6-7 days thats the worst. ok can be harsh on a plant but she has had too much nutes as she can take that why she is ill a flush will sort that no point in putting more on i had a N def and isorted it with more N but its different With K to much hurts the plant and fan leaves i know this will help KAt

4. Thanks again dude, a weeks delay is no biggie really, it'll just mean the two plants finishing closer together.

5. did u flush the sicky

6. Yup, she was done straight away.

7. Mini Update

I switched the bulb to the 2700k flowering, 125w CFL. Basically the same thing, just with a redder spectrum.
    I know it's what the plants need, but I don't like it. The 6400k was so clean and bright, the type of light I'd love to have all over my house, and it made checking the plants really easy. This one is really red, and makes everything look weird!

8. i know what you mean bro... you should see what your room would look like with a hps in there... orange as fuck its creepy

9. Hey Spigga! Long time no see man. Maybe I'll get a MH/HPS combo at some stage, but for now I'm sticking with these. You're right though, it doesn't look quite right.

10. I am impatient and I have a tendency to act impulsively when a small problem occurs with the plant. As you said, it is better to wait for a while though. Right now, I don't see a huge difference with the change of CFL bulbs to 2700K spectrum. Today, I looked at lower leafs of PPP plant with a magnifier and I see some pistils. I am not sure that if they were pistils or tiny leafs which were coming out from the stem. What do you think ? :confused: I have a question about flushing. If I will have a PH or nute burn problem in the future, how many liters of water I need to flush with ? Let's say pot of PPP plant is 3 Liters pot. I heart somewhere that I need to flush with 3 x 3 Liter Pot = 9 Liters water I need to flush with. Is that true ? Is that 9 Liters of water needs to be PH adjusted or not ? If It needs to be PH adjusted, where am I going to keep that 9 Liters water at to adjust its PH level ? I don't have a 9 Liter pot to keep that amount of water.

11. hey tim if your LR2 are flowering there is no need to change lighting with autos they tend to do fine with the 64k, i only use the 27k when the plant doent flower, how is ur sick baby doing?

12. maybe autoa don't need a spectrum change but 2700 is gunna give better results then 6500 for sure. Either way, you'd get good results though. Im not a big fan of the red/orange look they give off either. But the plants sure are which make it more then worth it :D

13. Hey bud, I don't think what you're seeing are pistils, those usually take a week or more with 12/12 lighting, and appear from the top nodes down. More likely to be secondary growth in my opinion.
    As to the flushing question, yes you would use 9 litres to flush a 3 liter pot. PH adjusted water would be best, but regular tap water should be fine (if you can drink it, then so can your plants). Try to let it reach room temp if you can though.
    Any change with the yellowing on your plant?

Hi Kat, she's doing much better as of today, I was definitley overdoing it with the ferts, I noticed a few crispy tips on the lower leaves as well as the beginnings of purple edges on the new growth. After the flush everything has settled back down to a healthy green though.
    Any extra lights I put in will be 6400k, but I'll be keeping the big one at 2700k until the end now. Next time I may try it your way.
    How's yourself?

Hi Myles, she seems happy under the new bulb (even though it's really too early to tell), so it's staying put! Thanks for the tip.:cool:

14. I thought so too. Looks like secondary growth. Here are the recent pics. Looks like yellowing in the middle of leafs are there, even on the second leaf set. Is it strain ? or else ?

Attached Files:

15. hi there first off sorry for the hijack but i currently have 2 lowryders going under a dual spectum clf on side if 2700 the other is 64 they are a week old and i was wondering what side to give them? at the minute they are under the orangy side but should i put them under the bluey colour side?
    thanks

16. Hi Hoknuf,
    I still think the yellowing is just the way that plant is growing, if the problem persists, give it a blast of some 1/4 strength high N nutes. Both plants look good man, and you made a fine job of the PC growbox. +rep if I can.

Hi Noob!
    Glad to have you in here man, and don't worry about the hijack, everyone is welcome in here, to post whatever they like.:D If you read the whole thread you'll see I went off topic a few times myself lol!
    I'd stick them under the blue side for a while man, just to give them a little of the vegging spectrum. They are supposed to veg for two weeks, then flower, but as you can see, mine flowered around week three, and showed sex at week four.
    If you have a reflector then chances are they're getting both spectra anyway, and it's just up to you which is more dominant.
    Best of luck dude, I'll be checking out your thread again.

17. hey tim alls going well got auto AK/LR2 going and the other LR2 are doing fine under 64k as usual another update on my thread in a week, im glad it worked out for u remember no nutes bro for the next week peace my man KAT

18. I also felt like I was hijacking Tim's thread at the beginning. But Tim encouraged me to keep asking questions to him about my grow. So I am doing so. I think Tim is a great guy and he is very helpful person. I am new into growing and I don't feel like I am ready for my own grow journal. So, this is the best way for me to learn growing at the moment. Thanks again Jim. And please let me know, if you feel like I am hijacking your grow journal, so that I will stop asking questions about my own grow. hoknuf.

19. hey ive got a couple of lowrider/ak-47 autoflower flowering strains growing but ive taken a different approach and decided to have it out doors ;) got 5 femmed white widdows and 10 regular haze specials so hopefully i should have a nice supply of green to get highh ill get some pics of my little set up and when they produce a few leave sets ill switch to the main grow area and keep yas updated :D

20. Cool man, I've been interested in that AK/LR2. That's the one they call easyryder, yeah?
    I wish you'd update your thread more, but I'm spending far too much time online already!
    Yeah, no nutes 'til next Saturday, but I just found out where I can get molasses, so can I add that? Or would I be better off waiting until Saturday with that too?
    Thanks for all the help bud!:D

Hey dude,
    Like I said above, anyone is welcome to post anything in here (as long as it's within forum rules lol), and as you don't have a journal of your own, I'm glad to host your pics!:D
    Answering questions helps us all learn, too, so ask away man. The only scenario in which I could see myself becoming frustrated is if someone was asking the same question over and over (like happens in the absolute beginners thread) but I couldn't imagine that happening.
    I'm here to spread the knowledge, ya know?;)