LowLife Auto AK--CFL GROW

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by g98VW, Mar 13, 2009.

1. #1 g98VW, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2009
    Well I started this grow because I lost my Gigabud seed.

The Auto AK broke through the soil today, so I should have some bud in 8-9 weeks!
    Right now I have (3)6500K and (2)2700K lights and I will soon add (1)2700K and (1)6500K to the lower parts when it gets a little bigger. The light cycle is at 18/6 and I will stick with that throughout the whole life cycle of the plant. I have one question though...will my plant be effected(shocked) when I transplant it to my bigger pot? I had to start it off in a container because I didnt have enough soil to fill my pot. I will update every 2 days with pictures, so stick around and please feel free to post and help.
    EDIT: This is a FEM seed.

ENJOY :devious: ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Come on GC, no love?? She is starting to open up! Alright here is picture update, Day 2...

[​IMG]

3. Looks ok. Those are 42 watt CFLs right. That soil does not look good at all in my honest opinion. Transplanting will shock your plant but its a necessary evil and seriously not that much of a shock anyways.

4. Well I took the (2)2700K lights out and replaced it with 2 more 6500Ks. No they are all 26w (130w total)...I think that will be good for the top canopy. I am going to add more on the lower part when it gets bigger. And what's wrong with the soil??

5. Your soil looks too clumpy. What brand is it?

6. #6 g98VW, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
    Not sure of the brand??? I think that is just dirt stuck to my perlite, but IDK?? I don't have a hydro store or anything and no Fox Farm "stuff" so could I use 50% promix, 35% perlite and 15% vermiculite?

7. I get my soil from my local nursery. Just make sure there are not nutes in the soil. I order my fertilizer from online stores.

8. I will look locally then, thanks. Hey VTEC, Hondas=poop:D VW !!

9. LOL Too bad VW's are maintenance nightmares including Porsches. However they do make great cars especially Porsche.

10. Bikes are where it's at dude

Attached Files:

11. #11 g98VW, Mar 15, 2009
    ...hahaha
    Here is a civic I like though(jdm i think?) I like the clean look, vw too. NOT MY CARS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How's she lookin'?

12. That mix would be fine. For best results you would want to give some nutes. I bought mine online as I have no hydro stores around either. Foxfarm makes great products.

13. Alright, thanks for the help Spanky:smoking:

14. Hey G28....Happy to see some1 else growin an auto strain with soil and cfls...I am still waiting on seeds but I am growing the same strain but non-feminized...Look forward to seeing your progress and will be comparing my grow to yours.

15. #15 g98VW, Mar 15, 2009
    Thanks for posting Sir Budd, I am looking forward to your grow too. How many actual watts are you going to use??

Hey, I transplanted my plant to a bigger pot (8" pot) and added more soil, perlite and vermiculite. I took down a few lights too because I though I was just wasting electricity. Does anyone know if I should put them back up in a day or 2, or what??

[​IMG]

16. ^^^BUMP^^^ 100th post!

17. Here we go again...

Alright, yesterday I added 2 more 26w 6500Ks, total (4) 26w 6500K.

Today I took these pics, lights were on for 3 hours so far today.
    How's she looking?? DAY 6...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will add a pic or two before the lights go off later, around Midnight(EST).:smoking:

18. Looking really good...nice and green...make sure you have a fan going so that she can grow some nice strong stems...take another angle shot to show only the height so that we can see if there is any stretching (from current pictures doesnt look like there is any)

19. VW's and V-Tec's aint got nothing on my...

[​IMG]

...hahaha jk but ur plants got that much +1 on mine

20. did you get your fan from wal-mart? i got two just like it in my grow box.