Lowering temperature in grow room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by crazycracker780, Nov 28, 2009.

1. So right now i have a 1,000 wat light, 2 fans, intake fan, and we have reflective shit on the walls im not sure wut its called its like a thermal blanket that looks like tin foil. but the temperature is running at around 95 degrees and we need to lower about 10 degrees. wut can i do to easily lower it.

2. air conditioner

3. How big is your room?
    I shopped sears last month and they range form $100.00 -$150.00 for aprox. 10,000 BTU, should be good for a 100 cube average grow space.
    will also help maintain an exceptable R/H, some have a Humidity control on them also.

4. take your intake fan and make it an exhaust fan. The thermal blanket is keeping radiant heat in, paint flat white. I am assuming your fan is a inline duct booster (everyone who does not say what kind of fan they have has one most of the time, so forgive me if i am wrong, usually 1000watt growers do not have them), if that is the case, ditch it and get a real fan. Proper ventilation will whack all heat problems, but AC will knock them out of the park. I prefer AC (when it is not winter and I can pull air colder than my AC wishes it could blow from outside.

ohh.. and you need to lower those temps by a bit more than 10. Try 15 to 17 degrees. 78-80 is optimal, even with co2 from my experience.

5. wut is the difference between an exhaust fan and an intake? and i took the thermal blanket down for over a day and it kept the same temperature, but do u still reccomend taking it down? and our fans are just 2 normal wall mount fans with 3 settings, nothing fancy but i plan on gettin a bigger better fan or 2.

6. i actually just realized i said intake fan when i meant exhaust.

7. When it comes down to it the only real solutions to high temps are to get a bigger exhaust fan or get an ac unit. Usually the bigger exhaust is easier.

What's the setup? Is this in a tent or cabinet or a full room? How/where are you currently venting your exhaust to?

8. its about a 6x7, 6x8 closet. when the door is closed it turns out to be around 90 degrees. i dont think we can get a bigger exhaust cuse its a pretty good one as it is, its just a 1000 wat in a small room, i think we should have gotten a 400 or 600 wat. but do u think a portable ac would do the trick?

9. you need an a/c...