Lowering temp, please help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BrokenxSins, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Welp, my temps are a little high right now, I cant use air conditioning units, because of the small spaces, any tips or ideas on lowering the temps to a good spot?

Attached Files:

2. Put a strong exhaust fan with a couple low passive intake holes and put a fan inside to circulate the air

3. Theres a fan inside the box right now, one intake fan, and one exhaust fan. I need to add another exhaust, but I dont have another fan haha. And, I Liquid Nailed the fans in to keep them in place. >.< So I cant even turn the other one around

4. How strong are the fans?

5. Little computer fans. Lol.
    Blew one out trying to switch it to a better power source. At the store now trying to find something better

6. Get a desk top fan. It'll move more air and Walmart has some good ones for the price

7. I'm at meijer and can't find nothing. Haha

8. Try a chain drug store. They usually have cheap fans

9. put a fan blowing directly onto the bulbs (make sure airflow is hitting the bulbs directly) That surprisingly helps alot, especially with CFL's..

I hope you fix the nute burn soon bro! good luck

10. Even better, have the fan blowing over the bulbs and towards the exhaust fan. That would probably help more. Good idea Tony!

11. Heat has been the absolute pain in tha @$$ problem for me. I got alot of advice from folks here though. I was in a small space also and the best advise that I got was to ditch the computer fans. I was running four in every configuration from my box (some intake and some exahuast, all exahust, all intake...you name it). One guy here told me to just ditch em and get an inline fan and run ducting out of the room. It was much cheaper than I thought it would be too! Also, I started running my lights at night when the house is naturally cooler. So far things are working good. Heat is down to where it should be. Good luck.

12. Yeah. My wreaks been through some tough times. >.< she's on full blown recovery now though. She's doing amazing. And the clone, eh first clone ever so I dunno. Haha. Check the journal and you'll understand, well sorta. Haha.

Temps in my closet are higher than normal as well. -.- ugh. My rooms been pretty hot too, so that could be it.
    But the closets lower than the box. So everything's in the closet right now. Box is at like 92 F and closet is a steady 82 F
    >.< still to high but better than the danger zone 90. Haha.

Attached Files:

13. Get a meat thermometer and make sure your soil temps stay below 75F. Roots will dry out and bake any higher

14. Okay, I'll grab one from work on thursday. :] Just another thing to go wrong for me xD knowing my luck it's probably like 85 lol

15. What size pots are they in right now?

16. The big ones in a 3 gallon pot, the others are in the small starters. Idk the size.

17. I can see some heat stress. Do you feed them?

18. Just fed the big wreak once. Others have been in FFOF since planted.

19. The big one looks like it might have some nutes burn on some of the lower leaves. The small ones are getting hurt by the heat it looks. Just try and keep the temps low and water with RO water for a week or so to make sure they don't get burned

20. Yeah she had some burning. She's fine now though.
    Check my journal to get a more recent idea of what she looks like now.