Lowering Soil Ph

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RecStoner, Dec 7, 2010.

1. I read the Ph faq thread and I am wondering what I can use to lower my Ph in a soil grow?

Is there something around the house that I can use?

I am fine on the nutes already, so I am not looking to change that. I am at a Ph of 7 on some and slightly above on 2 or 3 others.

What is good to use and fast acting?

2. just wait one night and visit a local hydro shop

soil sweetner or dolomite lime... this really helps.. and worth the wait of one night

3. waiting is no problem, I was just wondering.

I can find the dolomite lime at a supermarket right?

4. hydro store

5. Won't ;ime raise the Ph? I need to lower it.

6. dolomite lime balances your ph for you.. placing it into a specific ph range thats good for mj..

all you do is sprinkle it over your plant and water with PH corrected water 6.8.. done deal

7. gotcha, I just read this as well:

To lower ph in soil: Phosphoric acid, vinegar, lemon juice, sawdust, composted leaves, wood chips, cottonseed meal, leaf mold, peat moss, or PH Down.

To raise pH in soil: potassium hydroxide, dolomite lime, hardwood ash, bone meal, crushed marble, crushed oyster shells, or PH Up.

8. well go get some sawdust then... hahahahaha

9. I would not use lime, it will raise the pH if your soil pH is too low, but it won't lower your pH to the range MJ likes if it's too high.

Vinegar and lemon juice work, but many who use these find that the effects don't last -- for some reason, you can get your pH balanced when watering with either of these in the mix but then the next day it's right back up to where it started.

The best bet is PHDown.

10. Sulfur lowers, coffee grounds lower, Vinegar lowers.
    Lemon juice will add a bunch of other stuff (like sugars) (read the label) - which you might or might not want.

Lime raises.