lowering pH with cider vinager

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by punkrocker7117, Mar 9, 2010.

1. I was talking to someone who told me that you could mix like a table spoon of cider vinager in a gallon of water and flush my soil with it to lower the pH. my soil is just at 7.0, has anyone had any luck with this method? i havnt planted anything yet, its just the soil. I want it perfect for some seeds im getting in a couple of days. any help or other ideas would be great, thanks.

2. you can do that but the ph will go up over a few days and I'd much rather use regular vinager if i was to use it at all.

I'd use battery acid to keep the ph low if I were to make my own ph down. You can also go to a pet store and buy some ph down but you are better off making some from battery acid as it is cheaper but since you are a newbie just buy some ph down.

or you could catch rain water and you could just flush your plants with that as the ph of rain water is 5.5... you got choices bro

3. #3 Freakbro1, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2010
    Hi
    This is ridiculous.
    WTF - battery acid. Total bullshit.
    Just flush your soil well with normal ph tap water and let it drain
    out the bottom. This will take care of the problem without doubt.
    I'd like to see buddy take battery acid to settle his sore stomach...
    Cheers.

4. Battery acid?? No wonder newbies freak out on shitty weed thats been doused with fucking battery acid...

5. #5 findme, Mar 9, 2010
    dude, to lower ph you need some kind of acid. Battery acid ( pure sulfuric acid ) may sound bad but it works just as well as if not BETTER than any other acid used for lowering the ph. you just have to measure it correctly and its quite cheap too... much cheaper making your own than buying it. Any of the organic acids are only temporary thus causing the ph to go up quick.

one thing to remember if you are trying this is to add acid to the water, dont add water to acid. Learned about all of this ph stuff in 9th grade... it was few of years ago and it stuck to me ever since.

Its only bs when you are too ignorant to understand it and its obvious that you don't. I suggest that you research battery acid as a ph downer before labeling it as bs.

by the way, when you have a sore stomach, its best to drink something that is less acidic and more alkaline.. hence the word alka-seltzer ya dig?

newbies freak out on shitty weed that has been doused with battery acid because they did it wrong ( like everything else they usually do)... but then again if you paid attention in 9th grade you would have learned about it... I know I did... but that's a discussion for another time...

6. C'mon man don't be like that...Nobody in their right mind is going to pour battery acid on, around or in the soil of the plant.

7. #7 Freakbro1, Mar 9, 2010
    Do some proper reading man. Acids are different.
    The acid you are talkin about is for your Meth Lab.
    Save it for that.

8. Frankly,I nor have the time or patience to deal with your ignorance... but it's whatever bro.

9. I use distilled white vinegar and have for 20+ years, you can use sulfuric acid however it is EXTREMELY aggressive. I mean you can brush your teeth with a wire brush and they will get real white but that dont make it a good thing too do. Any thing that will lower Ph can soften roots and make them suseptable to root rot.You can lower Ph with lemon juice too.
    How about this train of thought...Why would you put ANYTHING on your plant that is poisonous? Piss will change your Ph, so will arsenic, paraquat will keep the bugs off too but.........

10. Indeed it is. very aggressive which is why i say newbies be sure you have experience with it.B Once you get the measurements down, buying some for 8 dollars will last you a lifetime... and that statement right there lets you know how powerful it really is.

sulfuric acid is just as posionous as some of these other ph downers that people pay a lot of money for. Hell, even some ph downers they sell at hydro stores use sulfuric acid. give too much vinegar for your plants and you will posion them too. the only difference is that vinegar is much less concentrated than sulfuric acid... not to mention vinegar is less stable than sulfuric acid. arsenic falls into a whole different category... why bring it up in this discussion? its not even relevant... but since you want to be like that... I might as well show you how irrelevant it is..

How about this train of thought...Why would you put ANYTHING in your body that is poisonous? Smoking weed causes cancer, but so is does alcohol and sniffing bleach but........ you get the idea? anyways, this is how vinegar and sulfuric acid matches up

The more concentrated something is, the less you have to use.

for example:
    vinegar = 1 tbs per gallon
    sulfuric acid = 1/2 tsp per 1 gallon

or lets bring it to something every grower should understand...
    miracle grow: 1/2tsp per 1 gallon
    advanced nutrients: 1tbs per gallon

furthermore, anything is poision if you dont follow the correct procedures.