Lowering pH in soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Telebubbies, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Hey guys. My parents are currently in flower, and I always gave them 6.0 pH water. But now, I just bought a pH tester for the soil. And oh boy. It is at a whopping 8. I bet the plant thinks it's in dish washing liquid or something. Any idea on how I can lower the pH of my soil so it's more acidic? I am looking for organic ways. To lower the pH of my water I use apple cider vinegar.

Any suggestions to lower the soil..? Thanks

2. I wouldn't start messing with the soil ph like that. You should definitely make sure there's actually a problem(deficiency,lockout,)before you start adjusting the soil ph. Post a picture of the plants. Are they healthy? Are you feeding?

3. I only put the plants on 12/12 like 2 days ago. So they are not exactly flowering yet. The plants are healthy. Leaves are green, no dropping, no flaw, no curling. I give them these organic pellet fertilisers. They slow releasing and their NPK is 4-2-3. Now since I put them in flower, I am going to give them pellet fertiliser that is 1-3-4. I do not use those nutrients that you mix with the water as I couldn't find any locally. I could ship it from amazon, but it would cost about $80 just for shipping and import duties, plus the actual price of the nutrient. And I have grown before with these pellet fertilisers and they just as good. I'm not home right now but I can send a picture later tonight of them.

4. Rule of thumb is to stay away from slow relase ferlitleez as they can throw off your ph and mess things up in the long run, I think that may be your problem. But if the plants are healthy green then I wouldn't change anything.

5. I want to see pics of said healthy green plants that have received pellet fertilizer Thier whole lives..

GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Just got home. It is raining outside so I cannot take pictures of those ones. But this is one of the indoor one. It also has pellet fertiliser and the pH is 6.0 for soil.
    This was my first indoor grow, vegged only for like a month, and I lollipopped like 3 days ago. So don't judge me please ):
    Any recommendations for the future or what i can do now would be greatly appreciated! :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. looks good ...I do see some burnt tips which is a sign of overfeed. it's your call ..some say if it ain't broke don't fix it...BUT that isn't the way a pro would go about it...that time release fertilizer will eventually begin to burn that plant ... good for your first time....it's the end that matters though ...the beginning is usually always good .(usually)

GFP

8. Thanks. But for my new grow that I am doing outside I am actually planning on buying nutrients. I found these that ship to my country:

Which one should I get? Total price for the Fox Farm is $168.49, and the other one is $149.49. Thats with shipping and import duties. I am getting the 1L ones. Does it really matter..? Which one do I need to use less of? Which one is best to get?

9. I can't see the links ..grasscity doesn't like you to post amazon links...take a still pic and post that instead

10. I had the same thing. Amazon links don't display when you have Adblock enabled :p Disable it

11. what country are you in?

GFP

12. South Africa

13. cool I'm in South America and I have the same issue with import taxes and BS....isn't there a hydro store near you? seems way overpriced for 1 liter of those nutes.

GFP

14. Nearest decent hydro store is about a 3 hour drive from me. They can deliver for about $10 though. I went to plant stores around me and asked from bloom liquid nutrients. And I specifically said LOW in nitrogen. Because for cannabis plants NPK must be like 1-3-3 or something. So he shows me this liquid nutrient that has an NPK of 6-2-3.. And they only have slow release fertiliser after that. And the nearest hydro store does offer nutrients. It's called Biobizz. Their website is Online Hydroponics Shop - Hydroponic Systems, Nutrients and Components
    Can you check it out and tell me if its good or not..?

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  15. If it stops you from having to pay all that extra then definitely it'll work..

Grow journal

16. the store is limited BUT I too have the biobizz 3 part line here where I'm. at...and I've heard good things ...stay with HALF the recommended dosage...maybe less than that to start ..(1/4) strength.... get a decent ph pen and an ec pen as well ..

GFP