Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lowering Marijuana Intake Lowers Tolerance?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Metaljuana, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Hi everyone, just a question and was curious if it was true

I have been on break for a half a week now and a friend recently told me that if you simply just lower your overall intake (lowering from 3 joints a day to 1 joint a day) your tolerance will still get lower, as long as you dont smoke hectically. I was wondering if anyone else knew if this was true, because I was thinking of just smoking a bowl everyday for a while instead of the amount I have been that put me on this high of a tolerance. So, any thoughts or experiences?

2. #2 urexhighness, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2010
    Yeah, your tolerance goes down after not smoking for a little while. You should be really stony the next time you smoke(= Smoking in the morning right when you wake up usually does the job, just have a J ready for you when you barely crawl out of bed in the morning in a groggy haze. You should do that when you decide to blaze again, get the most out of the low tolerance. Mostly works when you don't smoke at all for a while, though.

<< ridiculously high tolerance, only thing that does the job now is a bong or bubbler. Pipes sorta work, but it takes awhile. Maybe it's just the crappy street stuff that doesn't work for me, but I can only catch a buzz from medicinal grade weed. I know the street weed is junk here as it is, but I mean no street stuff will work, even if it does look decent. It's once in a blue moon here, I don't know how the people here have such low tolerances. Maybe it's the fact that they're all inbred.

3. ^That's not his question man.

OP no that's not how it works.

You need to give your cannabinoid receptors time to "calm down" from the over-stimulation.

Reducing the amount smoked will still stimulate your receptors more then they would have been hadn't you smoked.