Lower leaves yellowing and falling off one by one at week 3 of flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dimebong, Dec 29, 2012.

1. #1 Dimebong, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
    They yellow up 1 by 1 on the bottom and fall off sometimes in as little as 2 days. I've had about 5 fall into the soil, The plant looks healthy other than the these leaves coming off.

I did flush it a day after i fed it to clean out the soil.

Pics (Don't worry about the brown leaf tips, that's nute burn from weeks ago)
    This was a healthy looking leaf yesterday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I lollipopped a here a while ago, but this is where they're yellowing
    [​IMG]

2. ph inbalance so it's not taking up the right nutes and maybe getting a defientcy?

i got the same prob going on.

3. I would have said Magnesium with you losing the lower leaves but the top of the plant looks a bit pale too so it can't be that - I'd take a punt at Nitrogen deficiency.

Any leaves that look very yellow around the base will be past saving and probably increase risk of getting pests while you flower, I'd take these off with a bit of pruning and then focus on your feeds or like the previous post suggests whether you are getting a lockout due to pH levels.

4. You will be fine: don't over think this. During your flowering cycle your plant is nearing the end of its life; it's an Annual plant and it WILL happen.

Don't drive yourself crazy trying to fix this. This is probably a natural process called Plant Senescence in which the plant realizes its slowly dying - leaves will change color and drop off. Think about how this happens in autumn - every year, to every green plant and tree.

Read here: Plant senescence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It should/will not affect your flowers.

Take a look at this picture. This is a perfect example of plant senescence. http://forum.grasscity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=759074&d=1322339617 I had probably 30% - 50% of the bottom lower to middle fan leaves fall completely off, and yet this was a perfectly healthy plant.

This WILL happen during the middle and end of your flowering cycle. Again - dont stress on trying to "fix" it - because there's nothing wrong.

HTH

J

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. cool..............

6. pH of my water is neutral and the soil has dolomite lime. I flushed a while ago with 2x buckets of water aswell. I catch the leaves when they're completely yellow as it happens in a couple of days. One by one they yellow and drop off when the rest looks perfectly healthy.

7. That pic looks similar to what is happening with mine. The green just fades away and they fall off.