Lower leaves spotty and yellow then dry and dying

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by marsilver, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Hello all. On my second grow now started 1-1-12. I have 5 plants going Afghan Kush Ryder, Critical + Auto, Critical Jack Auto, John Sinclair Skunk Amsterdam, and DNA Sour Cream.
    The 2 non autoflowering strains are giving me a bit of trouble. The oldest lower leaves are getting yellow spots then drying out and dying.
    I'm using FFOF and perlite, a 600 watt HPS, lights on 24/0 for now (changing to 20/4 today) no nutes yet but have the FF trio.
    I don't have any PH testing equipment other than test strips. Watering with tap water with a PH of 7.
    Any ideas? First 2 pics are the Sour Cream 3rd pics the Skunk 4th is the Afghan and 5th the critical + it looks pretty good but has 3,4,6,7,8, and 9 pointed leaves.

Attached Files:

2. Sorry pic 1 dna, 2 kush, 3 and 4 afghan, 5 critical +, 6 tent

3. I'd say the prob is your water. To start with 7.0 is a bit high for MJ, 6.2-6.8 is the proper range, is your tap water clorinated? You may find the cure is getting some bottled water from store. By the way your picts don't enlarge, GC has been having probs with its upload functions. You might want to use photobucket to post picts.

4. ^ exactly what I am thinking. Let your water sit out for about 48 hrs to evaporate any chlorine off. Then get that ph down a little. 6.2-6.8 range, just like chimers2 said. Good luck man. Looking pretty good for only 19 days old though.

5. ButThat PH level is the run off reading correct?
    I want 6.2-6.8 at runoff Is this right

6. I have never measure ph of run in any of my grows. If you measure, and have correct, what is going in. I can almost guarantee you, you will never have problems.

7. PH going in is 7, I have't checked the runoff. I'll try letting the water sit out for a few days with a bubbler. I live in a major city and don't drive so lugging around gallons of water on public transit wouldn't be much fun or practical. I'll have to get some PH down as well. Will let everyone know how it goes. Thanks for the replies.

8. If you live in a city def let your water sit out, or just get a brita filter, or something. City water is also loaded with fluoride too. that shit is no good for your plants.

9. I thought that too, but my first grow went great using just plain tap water. It gets really cold here. I'm wondering if they put something in the water during winter to keep pipes from freezing.

10. Who know wtf they put in there. Brain washing drugs!! Who knows?! LOL

11. ever figure out the problem bro? i have the exact same thing going on and its almost as bad as your first pic.

12. Hey maybe its a goverment conspiracy and they are putting a cannabis killer in the water