Lower Leaves Dying

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DubLifePDX, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Hello all,

Got some girls outside. They look really good, but lower leaves keep on dying. Not a bunch of them though, just one or two at a time. I'm aware of the nitrogen deficiency and all that, but I just wanted to clarify; do lower leaves just die off as the plant grows? I'd assume this is the case considering those leaves don't get a whole lot of energy, but I'm not positive.

Just wanted to post to ask before I commence a nitrogen feeding that isn't necessary.

Thanks gents

2. Are leaves yellowing and browning before they fall off? or are they going limp and just sort of fall off without drying out? If there is a lot of canopy foliage shading the lower underbrush, leaves will slowly just fall off naturally. I would let them do that, a lot of people crop and trim, but I choose to leave it up to the plant, at least until you have actual bud canopy in flower phase.

3. I always take off dead/dying leaves. I'd rather have nutrients go to the good ones :)

4. How old are your plants? the first set of true leaves on one of mine are definitely a different shade of green.

5. Thanks for the replies.

The plants are probably 2 1/2 months.

There is quite a bit of canopy covering the lower parts of the plant, which I think would be indicative of those leaves no longer being necessary. Regardless, I feel good that the rest of the plant is.....growing like a weed... (HA!)

6. Yeah I vegged for about 3 months and switched to flower 10 days ago, still waiting for them to be done with preflower phase, ready for them to start budding already! I topped both babes twice but they're still tall and lots of canopy causing a couple leaves to fall off every couple days or so, plants are nice and healthy though!

7. Turns out my plants were nute locked due to my AC going out for a couple days, a couple weeks ago. Check your leaves and make sure there are no spotting on healthy leaves that shouldnt be falling off. I just had to flush them, theyre into their 2nd week of flower so it shouldn't mess anything up, just sets me back a week or so :-/