Lower leafs are yellow, dry, and dying please help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kerbob16, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Hello everyone. I have to bagseed plants in a closet grow box, they are on day 33 which means 1 more day until they've been alive for 4 weeks.

Ive been expiriencing problems with the lower leafs of both my plants. I first noticed on one of my plants a weird white mark in the veins of a leaf. Then the tips of the leafs began to turn slightly yellow and now they have become brown.

Picture #1 - My biggest plant that recently developed this problem in the past 1-2 weeks

Picture #2 - A different angle of the same plant

Picture #3 - The slightly smaller plant that developed the problem first but now seems to have healthier looking leafs than the other one.

When i first noticed the change of colour on the smaller plant i thought it was just suffering from nutes in the soil, but when my best looking plant began to develop it later on i got confused. Im using Scotts premium potting mix, its not the best but it its the best choice at home depot and its definetly better than MG.

Does anyone have any other ideas on what this problem may be or how to fix it?

Attached Files:

2. I would sugguest testing the pH of the soil before adding any more nutrients.
    If the pH if high or low, adjust it accordingly to get back around a pH of 7.
    The plants look like they're suffering some chemical burn. If so, flush pots with 3 time the amount of water as the pots size. (e.g. flush 1 gallon pail with 3 gallons of water.)
    Plants should come back in a week, then try feeding them a quarter strength solution.

3. thanks for the help! i had a feeling it had something to do with ph. Sadly i dont have a testing kit, i will definetly pick one up some time this week though.

I water every monday and thursday with a glass of brita filtered water for each plant. the glass holds rougly the same amount as a water bottle. So to flush all i have to do is add 2 more cups for each plant in one watering ?

4. A soil flush should probably be your last ditch effort if they continue to brown and wither faster then the plant is growing.
    Continue watering with just plain water, don't add any nutes if you are. I like to water a little bit first, then wait 15 minutes before watering again. This allows for the soil to retain moist and use the available nutrients, as well as help dissolve and wash away built up salts in the soil.

Grasscity Deals Near You