Lower Humidity for Better Bud???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RaggedyMan, Sep 13, 2010.

1. I read somewhere on the web that if you lower the humidity in the growroom it will force your plants to make more and thicker trichomes to protect the buds from dehydration. It didn't say how much to lower and warned of too low humidity but what do ya'll think?

2. Think about fall and what humidity is it normally in late fall ? 40/65 veg 30/50 flower . So do more some do less .

Hope this helps !

3. Lower humidity will definitely trigger your girls to make more trichs :smoking:

15-30% during the last 4-6 weeks of flowering should be fine.

4. i'm averaging about 30% humidity. anywhere from 24 to 42% depending on when i water/spray, etc.. and i must say, the trichomes look NICE. like an uncontrolled forest under magnification.

5. This is good news for me. I had been worried about my humidity being low, as I live in the desert. Its always below normal, and usually about middle of the dry range.

6. Bookmarked, will read tommorow :D

WIth the spraying, I've heard spraying is bad, but have heard so many mixed opinions on foiliage spray.

7. Foiliage spray is fine while in veg. I would not recommend doing it during flower it is just too risky for no real reward.

8. i 2nd that