Lower body stretches

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Reflection Eternal, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Okay, so I'm the sorest I've been in a long time this morning. The last time I remember being so thrashed was when I played soccer for the first time in like two years. I worked the past three days and I knelt down so many times that my legs hate me right now.

I know stretches for: calves, the front hip flexor / quads, hamstring, and gluts. The most sore part of my legs as far as I can tell are my quads (the front part of my thigh). I basically want to know how much stretching is helpful, and if I should return to the stretches several times throughout the day- if that is helpful. Currently I'm stretching before and after I bike to work, but I'm still sore as all hell and I'm going to have to bike to school tomorrow. I don't want to pull anything but it seems likely if I have to bike tomorrow and I'm in this condition.

If there are some better stretches that I can do or other exercises that will help me heal faster I'd love to know about them. As an aside, I drink nothing but water so I've got that going for a fast recuperation.