Low THC

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kooiker4prez, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Hey GC, this might be in the wrong spot but I'm a legal grower in Michigan and had a great harvest last time but this last one people say it doesn't get them medicated? Could this be a humidity problem?

2. the marijuana I grow doesn't get me medicated either........ but it does get me really stoned. Lol

3. Well I usually have really good harvest. It was an ATF strain. I pulled three others and they were great. Cut down same day, same time, everything was the same.

4. hmm.. autoflowers are notorious for not being nearly as potent. im sure you know this, and for respective purpose, im willing to bet you have more experience at this than me. hope this helps though! so, as you know, most autos are a cross between a strain and a ruderalis strain. the ruderalis is what causes the autoflower properties, but it also diminishes the potency of the cross strain. not to say that they dont get you medicated, but maybe you just kinda got the short end of the stick on that one plant man! check out Dr. Greenthumbs Iranian autoflower. its an auto, with no ruderalis! from what ive read by others that have grown it, it supposed to be quite a nice smoke! hope i helped in some way bro, good luck on the next run!

5. All my bagseed has come from good stuff over the years and none yet gets me medicated either.I havent had a harvest yet that has really made me medicated to my satisfaction, with that said can you explain further why you stated you might think humidity is the culprit?

6. humidity and heat can cause lower thc

7. Im a Medical patient, THC is not what usually gets someone "medicated" ... at least in my experience.

I prefer high CBD rather than high THC.

High THC strains I like to use recreationally.
    To Medicate, I use high CBD strains

8. Ive had some Cali Connection stuff auto on me before... never been anywhere near a ruderalis, starting to think i should have kept those genetics.

9. dam, yeah that mightve been awesome to keep around! but then again, im sure you'll come across another kickass strain somewhere down the line! thats how i got my bubba kush! now, something to note as far as lighting goes: the more uvb, the higher the thc. for my next run im going to experiment using a 1000w in the 3500k range for the first 5-7 weeks, then switching to 2 400w ceramic metal halides with a 130w led to finish. i noticed that the hps provides better density when i ran a 400w vs a 400w cmh. however, the cmh cause the nugs to frost up earlier and way more, and the odor was noticeably dif.