Low self-esteem

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by 3000, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Sucks. Grew up with it and had a lot of missed opportunities because of it. Anyone else feel like this?

2. I have the confidence of every man on GC put together and doubled. The revenge of this fact is that I have no desire, guilt, conscience, etc. I'm sure almost everyone else sympathizes with you though.

3. No I dont, but thats because I like my confidence. Something like this is hard to change, you just need to talk more, once you realize that theres not much someone can do to you if your confident. Like if you say hi to a girl, whats the worst shes going to say? Nothing. I will almost guarantee you she will say hi and smile back. Its all a state of mind I think

4. I've had my ups and downs with confidence. But all around its been more self-esteem. Maybe its because of what I've seen growing up. I don't know. We are all in different situations in life. But eventually you gotta snap out of it. But a couple of broken hearts and long relations ending, you fall into a hole that's hard to get out of.

5. I think you just need to adopt more of a 'reneagade' attitude, you shouldnt really be all to bothered what people think about you. At the end of the day, you are you. Nothing is going to change that, so you might aswell celebrate that fact, and say fuck the haters. Trust me, confidence plays a big part in self esteem :D

6. I struggled with low self-esteem and depression for a long time. It's all in your head. You've programmed your brain to think negatively. It can be hard to erase that programming. The best thing you can do is talk to someone about it.

7. "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."

8. I used to think this way.

Its all will.

No pity.

9. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

Worry will not strip tomorrow of its burdens, it will strip today of its joy. One way to check if something is worth mulling over is to ask yourself this question: “Will this matter in one year's time? Three years? Five years?” If not, then it's not worth worrying about.

Focus on what you do want to happen. Positive thinking is at the forefront of every great success story. If you awake every morning with the thought that something wonderful will happen in your life today, and you pay close attention, you'll often find that you're right.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs. Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.

Enjoy the little things, because one day you may look back and discover they were the big things. The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.

10. Dont think what other people think of you. If you think alot its gunna bug you.
    your gunna find someone that will change that. or just be yourself.

11. we're in the same boat cuz i found myself many of time asking "why i aint holla at her" but i look at it as God wired us this way for a reason. we dont need to be with every slut that we converse with. eff them hoes son. i just let my stoner charm do the talkin ya heard meh.