Low pH runoff in Coco

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by dvs1, Jun 7, 2011.

1. I posted almost this same problem(Potassium/Phosphorus deficiency),but the plant was in FLOWER.My grow is perpetual as I crop-out ever two weeks.Now this is showing up in my Veg.Not tooooo serious as of yet,but when this problem showed up in my flowering room it had come on pretty damn fast(week 5ish)

Now I am getting a really low pH runoff in my Coco.I will water at 6.0 then the runoff is 4.7-4.9...WTF.

I am starting to see a Phosphorus deficiency in veg.I had a BAD Phosphorus deficiency/lockout in flower recently but I had contributed it to excessive salt build-up.But now my drain to waste system is dialed in so I fugured the problem would go away.

Why is this happening,and how can i correct it.I am stumped as to why my pH is fluctuating sooooo much in my Coco.I understand that my pH will change,but going to the high 4's while the plant is feeding will cause all sorts of problems.

What type of medium?Coco
    What brand soil?Botanicare
    Indoors or outdoors?Indoor
    What strains?AK-48,Jack Frost,TrainWreck
    How old are the plants?30ish days veg
    What type of lights and how many watts?HPS 1600w(1x1000/1x600)
    How far from the lights?18 inches
    Watering frequency and source of water?every 2-3 days/city water
    How much and when was it fed?800-1000ppm
    What is the medium/runoff pH?6.0in 4.7-4.9 out
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?80-85 deg/50-60rh
    What size pots?10gal smart pots
    Any bugs? no
    Any other pertinent info?I like the Red and Green gummy worms the best
    Nutrients are:
    Botanicare Pure Blend Pro
    Botanicare Pure Blend Organic Compost Solutions
    Botanicare Liquid Karma
    Bio Bizz Root Juice
    Great White
    Hyrgozyme

2. Anyone?

Can this be contributed to a pH issue,and should I just raise my pH going in?

3. I would definitely raise that pH going in! I'm on my first grow(soil) and haven't done any research on coco but it seems like you should raise it up a good bit. I'd try 7.4-7.6 pH range going in and see what that runoff is then just go from there. But IDK for sure. What little I have heard about coco is that it's supposed to be neutral. Maybe it just needs a good flush to have a new slate to work with.