Low-End glass and China Glass to stay away from.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Shady-D, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Well I have a friend who has a PHIRE triple three arm tree. For the longest time I would tell him that it's really draggy and the top perc is crooked. Well finally during a cleaning session, he went from warm water to cold and one of the arms in the second chamber just snapped. I knew from the very beginning the PHIRE was china and anything with a colored glass that isn't worked and isn't from a company I've heard of is china.

But what about brands like PURE, Left Coast, and NG Nice Glass?

They seem "better" than China, but not great.

Also the only tube I have right now is a Sleek Designs 5MM straight that was blown in Oregon.

2. I believe they are china made pieces assembled in america but I could be wrong

3. NG is the same as hoss, blanks "assembled in canada", i will say they are alot better than your run of the mill weedstar etc. Why? because there crafted better and most hoss's/ng are 7mm, so you can't go wrong, the hoss dome diffuser which i had, tipped over and nothing happened. I sold it because i have moved to the high end glass world.

4. left coast is mid range.

5. Fuck Yeah Same here I wanted to see what all the hype is about...finally realized why. I'm already debating on my next piece. :)

6. Idk man. I have a WS dub bub, and I've dropped this thing/knocked it over multiple times. It might be the odd one out, cause from some of the other bong pics from WS I've seen they look pretty thing.

At least with WS you get what you pay for. You spend $30 on a bong, you get $30 worth of craftsmanship...makes sense. This is what I dont like about china glass - since there is no label at all, headshops will mark them up so much. This is why WS > china IMO - because I KNOW what I'm getting beforehand.

7. I don't know, I have a 20" glass bong that hits better then any of the "namebrand" bongs I have tried/own. I have knocked it over and had things smash into it multiple times, and it doesn't have a scratch. It's china glass, or so I have been told, but it was crafted locally.

8. I have no Problems with China Glass they're percs I dont like I never hit a china perc and don't plan on it looks like you have to pull extremely hard.

9. The dub bub is about the only thing worth buying weedstar, either than that, if they tip over there pretty much done, my weedstar can vouch for that, may its soul r.i.p.

10. The first real bong i bought (4 years ago) was a big mistake, i like it alot in the headshop. I went home, smoked about 1/2 oz in 5 hours out of it, the peculator(s) got clogged after about a quarter. Took a closer look while cleaning it out, saw a tiny sticker said "made in china" im like fml, shoulda looked closer first. i still have it but it was 110$.
    [​IMG]

11. @Up - you honestly didn't expect that to be china glass? I'm afraid I'm going to break those percs by typing too fast.

12. This is my china glass. Dubbed "The Green Giant"

Hit's better then any of my other bongs. Attach it to my DBV and I can vape for like 10 minutes with the tiniest amount of weed.

It was in shop for 250$, I got it for 125ish after throwing in one of my smaller 12" for it.

Attached Files:

13. I'd say NG and Hoss are on par with gear if not a step above... just my opinion.

14. my boy has this bong, no offense but i didn't like it. I hands down prefered my 90 dollar weedstar inline too it. But he had a dual dome perc beaker tube that blew my face off until this dumb bitch i went to high school & college with broke it (R.I.P. Grim Reefer).

15. no clue what its like smoking on it. So i can't really comment on that. Don't want to dirty the bong.

16. To be honest IMHO if your getting a standard no perc GONG piece, low end is the way to go. They work equally well to any highend piece. Once you move to percs then the name means the difference between a sweet hit and a drag monster that is a pain to clean.

17. 1oAK is supposed to be China glass, and it sure looks like it from their website. But all the tubes they have at my LHS, are thick, and clear. They're priced really well, but the one I was shown off the shelf had a defective perc and they were kinda disappointed that I spotted it.

They're current clear tubes might still be china glass assembled in the USA, but they do feel sturdy, and look a lot better than the colored glass bongs they show on their site.

18. i have never had a problem with phire or pure. i owned a pure about 4-5 years ago when they first came on the scene in cali, and loved the tube. never owned a phire but have hit a ton of them and they never fail me. i own a royalty tube that is my daily tube which is made by the same company who produces phire. i love that thing, recessed joint and 8 arm perc that seems to be very solid

19. My only experience with Phire was an 8 arm perc, and extremely janky glass. The thing lasted a month when the beaker cracked. It wasn't the tree it was the super thin beaker bottom.

20. My LHS has phire.

They are almost all 300+

I never understood how people hate WS so much, when they at least have the decency to appropriately charge.

I asked them if they had ever heard of WS in my LHS, and they havent.

People would shit there pants if they saw a fuckin double 5 arm reinforced tree bong for 150.

When all they have to offer are RooR with shit close ended percs, and Phire for all 300+