Low-Budget Shower Grow (1st time)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WontYaListen, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Hi all. I know I really can't avoid sounding like a noob but, fuck. You gotta start somewhere. I have 3 master kush plants that actually were sprouted in early October. Their early life was outdoor and they started flowering about three weeks ago. For the last 2 and a half weeks however, I have had them all under a 1000 watt HPS light on a 18/6 schedule roughly. I hacked most fan leaves about a week ago. While I have noticed new flowers starting up, the cola's seem to be stunted. It's obvious it was from me trimming and putting energy production into new growth sites rather than the preexisting buds.

So..... I'm gonna post some pics if anyone has any pointers, feel free to chime in. I'm not asking anything specifically but....... all helpful tips are appreciated. I figure I have at least 5 weeks left to go.

Temp range of room is mid seventies to low-mid eighties at mostmist the plants after I pull the plug before their bed time. What do you guys think???? :confused: Other than they obviously look unimpressive at this stage.

Attached Files:

2. Maybe a lil too warm but the reason they quit flowering is because when you put them inside they went from natural 12/12 (the sun outside) back to 18/6. If you want them to flower, cut the light back to 12/12

3. Looks like you are overwatering your plants to me. Let them dry out untill the soil is bone dry on the top.

4. #4 pizzaisgood, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2012
    Also, if your soil doesnt drain very well, pick up the pot and make sure its not heavy. Dry soil doesnt weigh very much. Overwatering will make your buds turn soggy and they will become nasty/dangerous because of mold. Also pay attention to humidity, the bigger the buds get the dryer your room needs to be. Max humidity in flowering should be 70% and thats with small buds. If you are growing buds that are about as fat as a baseball the humidity should stay arround 35-40%. If they are small you can be more leniant. But overwatering/mold/humidity is what almost ALL new growers neglect. IMO its almost the most important part of growing. You can have all the wattage on your lights but if the conditions are bad the plant wont be able to use the light.

Edit: A moldy plant will usually start getting soggy in the stems and smell like a musty locker room. Make sure your roots are a nice healthy white and they arent soggy. A bud that is starting to mold will show signs of maturing early, fallowed by really bright yellow/soggy fan leaves that smell wierd and fall apart with little effort. Eventually the yellow leaves will become brown and mushy along with the buds(Starting from the inside out, so you gotta break them open to see the mushy parts).

Google search: Pythium(root rot) and Botrytis (grey mold) these are the most common molds

5. I just realized I forgot a period before moist/mist.

6. Ok. Thx Jmo and pizza. I never thought to pick the plant up as a hydration check method. I just use visual/finger checking.

7. this doesnt look like overwatering to me. They dont look droopy, they look curled

I forget why it is but I saw a picture somewhere of why cannabis gets thin long and curly. Ive never had this but im pretty sure theres a deficiency going on. Pretty sure that switching from flower to veg didnt help :)

8. Yea.. I just switched today to a 12/12. One day I didn't turn the vent fan on accidentally so I'm recovering the plant from slight heat stress. She's overcoming it now though. It's my first time so I'm pseudo experimenting and as long as the buds make it..... I'm happy. I don't expect a huge yield or anything. I'm going to emulate the most natural variables I can since I'm not experienced.

9. Plus....... I went a little Edward Scissor on the fan leaves. I KNOW........ dumb.

10. #10 pizzaisgood, Dec 14, 2012
    Well, they also look rootbound and deficient on top of overwatering. It doesn't look like its dying or anything. If it were overwatered enough to where it was drooping and yellow i would just say to kill it lol. Anyways, the plant is funky looking because it was in flowering and you put it back into veg. It has leaves with only 3 fanblades which usually means it is rootbound. Anyways, it seems to be showing slight problems and they arent severe enough to really say exactly what it is. Its kinda hard to say without knowing everything that has been done. The PH of the soil, the ppm what nutrients. Some strains just have less fanblades on the leaves. The pots look big enough for the size of the plant.. So idk why they look so rootbound. Maybe its just the PH.Maybe just the strain or maybe just because you reveged it during its flowering cycle. I would just wait it out and if it gets worse post another pic.

11. #11 WontYaListen, Dec 14, 2012
    LOL... I know if they looked much worse I'd hack em'. Everthing I grow now will be done indoors since I just bought the lighting package about 3 weeks ago. But I know that these kinda look like hammered ass right now.