Low Budget, RUBBERMAID Grow Box

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SimplySmaLLs, May 4, 2009.

1. awesome write up and updates.

i've considered making an attempt at growing, but some of the walk thrus scared me a bit.

this makes it look pretty straight forward.

i still need to read up more to understand it all, but this gives a great idea..on box/setup for a beginner. :p

my only concern left is the smell. does a single plant (or 2) really stank up the whole house?
    oop..sorry, lost focus...

did you get a fan installed inside?

2. 1 or 2 plants won't get close to stinkin up the whole house. I've got 5. can't smell till you open door to room. lol

3. im pretty sure no one has mentioned this, but cardboard is like a 5-star hotel for mold, you need to go ahead and spend the 8 bucks to paint it flat white.

4. I dont have any cardboard up in my box, i just got some white poster paper, but thanks for the good advise for future grows

5. sorry i couldve sworn you said you were putting cardboard in there.

6. 1,2,3,4,5 Characters

7. Ahh well... i never ended up using cardboard so its all good

Imma have so updated pics up tonight, so get pumped, shes lookin fucking fantastic

8. I've never grown ANYTHING before, so forgive me if I ask obvious questions.

At the top of the thread , I saw you started growing outside...; did you just add seed to soil with water and let grow or did you do some type of germination process beforehand?

9. I Germinated using the paper towel method, and once they sprouted tails, they hit the dirt running, :)

10. UPDATES!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall i think shes doing good, still cant tell sex,shes been in flower for almost 2 weeks now.

But ill be damned if that topping didnt make her look sexy as shit, anyone agree?

-and am i mistaken or is topping supposed to double the main stem, not quadruple it right? cause im pretty sure ive got 4 main stems coming of the original as of now.

but anywho, Overall... How am i doin?

11. So i think pics 2, 5, and 6. All show my female what do you guys think? ill have some more pics up tomorro morning when the light goes off :)

12. UPDATES!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

------------------

OK so i have a few questions

-Is this my lil girl starting to show sex?
    [​IMG]

-And also, i want to get another set up of lights for flowering, and i cant afford nor do i have the gear for a HPS. Would a Metal Halide bulb work? would i need more then one? What wattage would i need? I just need 2 bulbs that could plug into a normal socket, and not fry my baby, ya know.

Thanks for the help everyone

13. Your simple rubbermaid grow inspired me. I went out and bought almost everything you have in your pics!

14. Dude, thats awesome. 1,2 3 go. you should def record your progress and lemme know how that baby grows:)

15. couple questions for ya...

i couldn't find where you said why, but did you put the coffee grounds for potent bud smell issues?

aslo, you think the CD's you put in the pot are helping?

16. I put the coffee grounds in because someone i know told me it would be good nutriets for my plant between weeks 2-4. i dont do it anymore but it probably wouldnt hurt to use it to eliminate potent smells.

And the C.D thing, i only used that for about 2 weeks as well because i am LST'ing and it pretty much grew out of it.

17. #97 SimplySmaLLs, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2009
    .... Stoned moment sorry

18. So here is my progress so far

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Few Quick questions though....

Its now almost 25 days into flowering and still i see nothing.... Are my 5 26w cool white CFLS not enough??

Or is she maybe just taking her time?

Also if i went out and got some flowering nutes would it do that much of a difference as opposed to if i just continue to not use nutes?

thanks

19. you said cool white lights, you want to use the red 2700k lights, not the 6500k or 6700k, i looked at your pictures and didnt see any signs of sex, maybe its a hermi or your over watering

20. Yeah, i think they are soft white(2700k) as compaired to the daylight(6500k) ones i had on her earlier before flowering.

Overwatering can prevent sex from showing?

Also anyone suggest i get some flowering nutes or will she still grow just as good without it